Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Series (formerly ALDS/NLDS...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Don't feed the troll.
1440bd25190a403050797e955b3ecda8.jpg

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Molina certainly is no Pudge, but Ivan was probably the #2-3 catcher of all time. It would be similar to setting the bar for 1st base at Jimmie Foxx or CF at Griffey Jr.

It looks like there are only 19 catchers in the HOF which is surprising considering the high value the position has. :confused:

I personally do not have 100% confidence that Yadi will make the Hall of Fame. Do I believe he is worthy? Yes. Do I believe he will actually make it? I can’t say that he will.

But I do know that for the last two years I have direct deposited $35 a week into a savings account that will hopefully one day fund a trip to New York City and Cooperstown the week of Yadier Molina’s Hall of Fame induction. If he makes it, great. If not, I have money saved up.

Yadi’s been the most elite catcher in Major League Baseball since 2005. I personally believe he is deserving of the HOF. But I know how the voters are, and I think he may have a tough time making it. I mean, Jim Edmonds might be the best center fielder I’ve ever personally watched play the position in my lifetime and he was kicked off the ballot after one year, so who in the bloody blue hell knows?

And f*ck Clayton Kershaw.

At second thought, I do believe Molina has a better shot at the HOF then I last mentioned after I had scrolled through his career stats because JVHaste's sarcastic remark regarding the historic lack of value at the catcher position rings true. While 50-60 WAR is generally when a career is considered HOF caliber, the catcher position is one where offense & longevity is at a premium and because of this there have been plenty of catchers who have reached the HOF with far less than 50 WAR. Among the 18 catchers in the HOF, only half of them have put together at least 50 WAR in their career & 6 of them have a lower career WAR than Molina (although 3 of them made it in mostly due to their career as a manager). 5 of those players made it to the HOF via the Veteran's Committee & the other catcher (Roy Campanella) was voted in.

I still believe if he does make it to the HOF, it'll take quiet a few years on the ballot before he does. His offense may not be up to ***** with the majority of players in the HOF but he's quite possibly one of the best defensive catchers to ever play the game.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I still believe if he does make it to the HOF, it'll take quiet a few years on the ballot before he does. His offense may not be up to ***** with the majority of players in the HOF but he's quite possibly one of the best defensive catchers to ever play the game.

This could mean he goes in the same year as ................ Clayton Kershaw!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: For added comedy lets pretend they were the ONLY 2 going in that year.

As for catchers going in I think Mauer and Posey are locks for this era and I'm still waiting on Munson and Posada.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This could mean he goes in the same year as ................ Clayton Kershaw!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: For added comedy lets pretend they were the ONLY 2 going in that year.

As for catchers going in I think Mauer and Posey are locks for this era and I'm still waiting on Munson and Posada.

I think Lost Angeles found your comment so hilarious that his posts regarding Kershaw/Molina spontaneously combusted and went poof...

Members online