Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Where is that info from that they are 2002. From my recollection, though I Def could be wrong is 2001.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

GameJerseyPR is correct on this. I have the three Ripkens as 2002 also

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Griffey is the LOGO Version..

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That Ripken is almost too good to be true, a truly amazing card, wow. Congrats!

I can barely get a freaking stitch or anything in a Belle memo card haha

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So what is the story with these 2000 UD Legends Commemorative Collection Gold cards? I picked up the Alomar a while ago but not sure what to make of it. Baseballcardpedia and Beckett tell me that the golds are all 1/1, but the one I have - and the ones still on COMC - are not numbered. So seems I see three possibilities:

1) Upper Deck just didn't stamp "1/1" on these cards. There are other 1/1 issues from UD around that time that didn't have stamps, so maybe?
2) The gold cards now on COMC without the serial numbers are backdoors.
3) Baseballcardpedia and Beckett are wrong.

Does anyone know? I choose to believe answer 1) somebody proves otherwise :)

2000 Upper Deck Legends - [Base] - Commemorative Collection Gold #66 - Ken Griffey Jr.
Courtesy of COMC.com

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
So what is the story with these 2000 UD Legends Commemorative Collection Gold cards? I picked up the Alomar a while ago but not sure what to make of it. Baseballcardpedia and Beckett tell me that the golds are all 1/1, but the one I have - and the ones still on COMC - are not numbered. So seems I see three possibilities:

1) Upper Deck just didn't stamp "1/1" on these cards. There are other 1/1 issues from UD around that time that didn't have stamps, so maybe?
2) The gold cards now on COMC without the serial numbers are backdoors.
3) Baseballcardpedia and Beckett are wrong.

Does anyone know? I choose to believe answer 1) somebody proves otherwise :)

It was common practice around this time for UD to send out hand numbered replacements for damaged or otherwise replaced copies. I'd be fairly confident the NNO version is equally scarce to the numbered, though, presumably less desirable.

There are definitely numbered versions.

When these first started popping up on COMC, the seller priced them as base cards (though COMC had them as gold) and I scooped them up. Not a great player selection but still. Unfortunately for me, tha shipment from COMC ended up getting stolen off my porch.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well, that settles it. My little fantasy about finding an old 1/1 for cheap has been destroyed most cruelly, but I'll find a way to carry on.

Sorry to hear about that shipment getting ripped off. That really BITES.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
2003 Topps Chrome Refractors

Silver unnumbered
Blue #/699
Gold #/449
Black #/199

Does anyone else find these very hard to come across, especially the black & silver? I'm not understanding why a card #/199 from 2003, when the glut started, is so hard to find. And the silver is even tougher somehow?

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
2003 Topps Chrome Refractors

Silver unnumbered
Blue #/699
Gold #/449
Black #/199

Does anyone else find these very hard to come across, especially the black & silver? I'm not understanding why a card #/199 from 2003, when the glut started, is so hard to find. And the silver is even tougher somehow?

I have this little gem from this set:

40945b8e7bc239f95707baeca11dbc8f4d4eb971.display.jpg
a2666d15d32c07e2b460cd0653441909c97f1b5a.display.jpg

Members online

Latest posts