Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Donruss - Releasing 2/26

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Panini to come out with 2014 Donruss Baseball. Release Date: 2/26/2014

24 Packs. 8 Cards Per.
16 Case.
2 auto + 1 mem.
4 diamond kings per box.
4 Rated RCs per box.
1 5x7 Box Loader.
Buyback Auto's.

In late February, Panini America officials are bringing back a true collecting pioneer and an absolute legend. In late February, Donruss Baseball is back. Donruss, the iconic brand that helped usher in a new collecting era in the early 1980s and then spent more than three decades at the forefront of the hobby, has been tragically absent from the baseball landscape. But that changes in a huge way when 2014 Donruss Baseball releases on February 26, 2014.
For the first time since the 2005 season, collectors will have a Donruss-branded base set to call their very own, complete with so many of the characteristics that have made it such a legendary release to begin with, including Diamond Kings, Rated Rookies RCs, Press Proofs, Stat Lines, The Rookies, Studio inserts and so much more.

And if those aforementioned insert and parallel names don’t shout that Donruss is returning to its resplendent retro roots, the spectacular old-school designs offer overwhelming proof. Each hobby box of 2014 Donruss Baseball (eight cards per pack, 24 packs per box) will deliver two autographs, one Game Gear memorabilia card and an insert stash that includes four Diamond Kings, four Rated Rookies, one Silver Press Proof, two Breakout Hitters, two Breakout Pitchers, two Hall Worthy, two The Rookies, one Team MVP, one No-No, one 5 by 7 Diamond Kings box-topper, one Season Stat Line, one Career Stat Line and three Power Plus.
Other highlights of Donruss’ triumphant return include . . .

Recollection Collection autographed buybacks of classic original Donruss cards
Some hobby-only 5 by 7 Diamond Kings box-toppers will feature on-card autographs
Elite Series and Elite Dominators are both numbered to 999 just like the good, old days, with on-card-autograph versions numbered to just 10

We’ll have much more on the triumphant return of Donruss Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, though, sit back and enjoy this first extended sneak peek.

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Yuck.

Also, a Diamond King with no drawn art is no Diamond King.

I agree. I enjoy looking back at all of the Diamond King cards from the 80's and 90's just for the fact that I look at them as pieces of art

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
As long as the Srp is $4 or less, sign me up!

And oh do I hope one of the inserts are just like the studio/exhibits/sportscaster ones where you get several really low numbered per box.

I see there's a studio insert but which version? Posed photo or low numbers with lots of parallels?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Why is it called 2014 but being released in 2014?

Must be a mistake on Panini's part - this will probably come out in 2015.

Looks like a crappy bunch of cards with Donruss slapped on it - not impressed - with a MLB license maybe this would be OK but Panini is reaching with these underwhelming 'retro' baseball products like Pinnacle.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Ahh, 14 posts before the lack of license was involved in the review. :p

I agree, the diamond kings need to be illustrated. I wonder if Bagwell will be in this too...

Members online

Latest posts