Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best bang for your buck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I was thinking of ordering a case or two of cards for my nephews. Something that gives the most cards per pack, the biggest variety of players, and not necessarily big hits on inserts and autos.

Last year, the boys thoroughly enjoyed ripping into the cases of 90 fleer i had. They dont care about inserts, parallels, or short prints. They were just excited to get "so and so player", and try to build team sets.

I was thinking something by Panini, which (i think) includes todays players for the boys, with a smattering of players from when their dads were kids and collected. Am i right?

any suggestions would help, and maybe a source link to buy them?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
A box of Donruss would be affordable and exciting. Lots of today's players and rookies, lots of inserts, a few hits. Don't under estimate the excitement they will get from an auto or jersey... even if it is not a valuable one.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know what you're looking to spend, but Blowout still has a those 2008 Topps HTA Jumbo cases for $150. That's a ton of cards and a bunch of hits.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Didnt see anyone with any 2014 Opening Day boxes. Was looking thru blowout and saw Topps Series 2. 360 cards, plus either a relic or an auto for 49 plus ship, so 60 bucks.

Is this the route I should go? [MENTION=6581]BBCgalaxee[/MENTION] I would like your input as well. Dont you own a shop? Do you have any 2014 Opening Day? Or Topps 2?

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
I picked up a couple of boxes of 2014 Topps Mini from the Topps.com store. It is $24.99 per box and you get some fun stuff in the packs. That's where you can find the Opening Day as well $24.05 per box.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I've heard it is Thailand.

aaaaall_zpsb774415f.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
In the end, i ordered a box of Topps Hobby series 2. I seriously contemplated the opening day once i found it, but the number of cards for the price was better with series 2. Plus, although the mascots may be cool for some youngsters, i thought they were aimed at kids younger than my nephews, who i think would much rather have cards of players.

thanks so much to everyone for their input.

Members online