Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you want your team to do at the deadline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I think the price tag of prospects is going to be too high for the Toddfather. I have him on one of my fantasy teams I'm well aware that he has been much better over the past month or so. The cost in trade makes it not worth to be a rental, and honestly I'd rather see ownership spend money on something more than an overpriced third baseman...again...and put it somewhere else while the hot corner duo develops. To win a world series you don't need to be elite at every position, if third is the hole in the lineup they should be able to work through it if they are good enough.

Curious what kind of package you think he'd cost? I'm pretty certain it's less than what you expect.

And you do realize that we rank 29th in the ML in 3rd basemen wRC+? That's brutal...and that will NOT win us a Championship this year. We just lost against the Rays because we couldn't even score 1 run. Hanley has been horrible too but no need to have 2 holes in his lineup if we don't have to. Neither of our minor league 3B are ready/going to be ready for the majors this season so we need to make a move for a rental...and anything less than getting a guy who can hit for power is not worth doing. We rank 26th in HR and are in the bottom half in SLG%, awful for a team with so much talent. I won't be happy if DD stays pat at the deadline.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Curious what kind of package you think he'd cost? I'm pretty certain it's less than what you expect.

And you do realize that we rank 29th in the ML in 3rd basemen wRC+? That's brutal...and that will NOT win us a Championship this year. We just lost against the Rays because we couldn't even score 1 run. Hanley has been horrible too but no need to have 2 holes in his lineup if we don't have to. Neither of our minor league 3B are ready/going to be ready for the majors this season so we need to make a move for a rental...and anything less than getting a guy who can hit for power is not worth doing. We rank 26th in HR and are in the bottom half in SLG%, awful for a team with so much talent. I won't be happy if DD stays pat at the deadline.

I'm not trying to rub it in, but how much do you hate the Shaw/Doubon/Pennington for Thornburg trade at this point?

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'm not trying to rub it in, but how much do you hate the Shaw/Doubon/Pennington for Thornburg trade at this point?

Didn't like it at first, hate it even more now. Shaw was a very solid player for us last year and by trading him we were relying heavily on Sandoval to be a productive/healthy 3B option for us which he has not yet shown. Not to mention I think this trade could have been made without Dubon, who was one of my favorite Sox prospects...

I'm actually glad it's worked out so well for you guys, def got a steal in Shaw...kudos to your GM and great to see Milwaukee relevant again.

I'm not sure when Thornburg will pitch again, but there is still time to get at least a little bit of value back...but it's not looking good.

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I would like the Phillies to discretely refund tickets, cancel the rest of their games, and spend the summer on the jersey shore in a reboot of "Jersey Shore" working at t-shirt shops and juice bars trying to figure out how to get Mike Trout to come play for them in 2021.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
It feels like 1972 again for the Phillies except they might not make it to 59 wins and won't have a starting pitcher with 27 wins. Keep Knapp, Joseph, Hernandez, Franco, Herrera, Altherr and all the pitchers except Hellickson and Neshek. Bring up J.P. Crawford and see what he can do at SS for the rest of the season. Get what you can (prospects) by trading Hellickson, Neshek, Nava, Kendrick, and a couple of other players. It's been a rough first half of the year but the Phillies can only go up from here. Go Phillies!

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
I'd like the Yanks to do nothing. This was supposed to be a "youth movement" year and it has been. It was unrealistic to think they could keep up their April/May pace. Anything we get from them this year is GRAVY.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'd like the Yanks to do nothing. This was supposed to be a "youth movement" year and it has been. It was unrealistic to think they could keep up their April/May pace. Anything we get from them this year is GRAVY.
I hope Cashman reads this thread. We all seems to be in agreement here

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
It feels like 1972 again for the Phillies except they might not make it to 59 wins and won't have a starting pitcher with 27 wins. Keep Knapp, Joseph, Hernandez, Franco, Herrera, Altherr and all the pitchers except Hellickson and Neshek. Bring up J.P. Crawford and see what he can do at SS for the rest of the season. Get what you can (prospects) by trading Hellickson, Neshek, Nava, Kendrick, and a couple of other players. It's been a rough first half of the year but the Phillies can only go up from here. Go Phillies!

The Rockies could use Neshek, don't know who wants the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online