Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Biogenesis founder testifying against players; A-Rod, Braun etc to be suspended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Hey MLB, why don't you just ban A-Rod from Baseball.

Just imagine, if Braun hadn't been the beneficiary of a loop hole, MLB would be looking for a lifetime ban for him.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sigh... Is there no end to this drama?
Unfortunately, as long as players will continue to be morons and take PEDs, despite knowledge of MLB's rules and testing, these investigations will continue.
It blows my mind that some players are still stupid enough to take the chance of being caught. And that they would use a clinic that knows the players' names, instead of buying the PEDs anonymously through someone else who can't be linked back to them.
I have no sympathy for the players, if they are guilty.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I still blame MLB for all of this. The league knew what the players were doing in the Steroid Era. It wasnt until after most retired that they changed the rules against some of the banned substances. The players saw what it did for the players in the 90's and said lets try and see if we get caught.

Personally, if these guys want to take something that is going to mess up their bodies in the long run, let them ruin their own lives. Is it hurting anyone but them.

Also it still takes an athlete to hit a 100 mph fastball, juice or no juice.

Excellent post.

I'm pretty much indifferent to these stories anymore. The sad part is that these teams will be losing key players in the future if this guy is even telling truth.

Just like I said with Bonds and I'll say it with ARod, drugs or not, still two of the greatest players to ever play the game.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Unfortunately, as long as players will continue to be morons and take PEDs, despite knowledge of MLB's rules and testing, these investigations will continue.
It blows my mind that some players are still stupid enough to take the chance of being caught. And that they would use a clinic that knows the players' names, instead of buying the PEDs anonymously through someone else who can't be linked back to them.
I have no sympathy for the players, if they are guilty.

For some of them, 'moron' is probably far from accurate. One could make such decision under very smart, rational consideration. Consider the possibility of living in terrible conditions and having the chance to set your family up for generations while risking only suspension from MLB and some long-term health issues. Seems like a reasonable trade off. Heck, coal miners and oil-drilling guys and crab fishermen take larger risks for less payoff and we don't call them morons for making that decision.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
No Orioles, good. Sad day for baseball though (again).

There are still a few names yet to be released.

I wouldn't be surprised if Machado was one of them. Machado and Rodriguez are friends. They work out together in the offseason. A Miami product.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Excellent post.

I'm pretty much indifferent to these stories anymore. The sad part is that these teams will be losing key players in the future if this guy is even telling truth.

Just like I said with Bonds and I'll say it with ARod, drugs or not, still two of the greatest players to ever play the game.

I second that!

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Without positive tests (or maybe criminal convictions), I believe the labor deal with the MLBPA and MLB will be a huge hurdle for suspensions to be handed down.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Don't any of you find it odd that the official language released uses the verb "linked" to the clinic? Make no mistake that statement was crafted as there are definite libel concerns releasing that information. The worked "linked" certainly stuck out to me. Very carefully worded. What this means at this point I'm not really sure....

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
What he did was no different than celebrities who try to buy back stuff they don't want the public to see.

The government said they weren't getting involved so now it's between employer and employee and will ultimately be decided in court from the player's appeals if MLB decides to suspend them.

This doesnt argue my point or make yours. You said "So, yeah, it's not like Bosch has any reason to tell MLB whatever it wants to hear."

Which came across to me, that you were saying, bosch would be lying. I may have misunderstood you, but that's how I read it. I was just stating, thats if he was lying, and their was no story, why would arod be buyng the records. There wouldnt be anything, if it's all lies.

That's my take.

I hope all that are guilty of using, get whats coming to them.
I also hope, I have none of them on my fantasy teams.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Without positive tests (or maybe criminal convictions), I believe the labor deal with the MLBPA and MLB will be a huge hurdle for suspensions to be handed down.

I was thinking the same thing. Without positive tests it might be difficult to do anything with any info gained from this. Other than to scrutinize the players even closer, and maybe have some failed testing eventually.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I guess all you have to do is get a note book, write some names down, dollar amounts and we can call that evidence.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
"In exchange for Bosch's full cooperation, sources said, Major League Baseball will drop the lawsuit it filed against Bosch in March; indemnify him for any liability arising from his cooperation; provide personal security for him and even put in a good word with any law enforcement agency that may bring charges against him.".

This is hillarious to me. MLB trying way too hard here.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I guess all you have to do is get a note book, write some names down, dollar amounts and we can call that evidence.

lol when it's the truth and backed by the players trying to buy it and keep it from the mlb, it is evidence.

Why are you guys protecting the cheaters. Let them get caught. Why is this a personal thing for some?

I had friends using roids in HS, back in 86, one went on to play at usc and 8-9 years in the nfl. These guys are doing it now too. and with better stuff.
Let them get caught and move on.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I was thinking the same thing. Without positive tests it might be difficult to do anything with any info gained from this. Other than to scrutinize the players even closer, and maybe have some failed testing eventually.

I've read the MLB's JDPTP a few times; while I can't find the exact wording right now, I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that a conspiracy like this is considered "evidence".

But like I said, Bosch is an unsavory character. For as much crap as we give these players for being associated with him, it seems odd that MLB would now hitch their wagon to his "good word".

Look, I'm not commenting on guilt or innocence here; but Bosch is gonna' get dick-kicked by the player's lawyers in this thing.

A_Pharis

ESPN is really dancing around this report. They are pretty direct when they come to the accusations against ARod, but, with Braun, they very loosely use "a connection".

I agree with those saying that all this Bosch did was agree to cooperate. People are just assuming that means "agreeing to Braun being guilty". Until he talks, there's no telling what "cooperating" will reveal.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
lol when it's the truth and backed by the players trying to buy it and keep it from the mlb, it is evidence.

Why are you guys protecting the cheaters. Let them get caught. Why is this a personal thing for some?

I had friends using roids in HS, back in 86, one went on to play at usc and 8-9 years in the nfl. These guys are doing it now too. and with better stuff.
Let them get caught and move on.

Do you really not understand why a fan of the team of one of the bigger names is taking this personally? Really?

Also, A-Rod buying up the records is circumstantial evidence.

Members online

Latest posts