Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FS 04 UD GU Musial Bird Patch 6/10, Allen Ginter Musial and Pujols SP autos & 92 Score Musial AU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
Yes it came after my original post in this thread - in no way was that post meant to spark such severe outrage. In my following post I even apologized for being slightly out of line...

Another lie. U were asked to stop and you wouldn't. U came in to a thread trying to price my cards and ruin my sales opportunity. Total bs. Do it in some more people's threads and see how they react. When people do what u did, it always come back on them. You're a real POS in my book..

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I could not care less who I am "in your book" sir. Buyers and sellers disagree over prices all the time so you name call anyone who thinks your prices are extremely high? Grow up. You have tried to be intimidating and threatening hence the reason why you've turned your "sale" thread into a laughing stock.

When you walk around in public tomorrow try calling people a POS and all that good stuff to their face and see how they react bud.

Another lie. U were asked to stop and you wouldn't. U came in to a thread trying to price my cards and ruin my sales opportunity. Total bs. Do it in some more people's threads and see how they react. When people do what u did, it always come back on them. You're a real POS in my book..

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Stanthepsychomanmusial is a freaking lunatic!!!!!!

Homerun is a quality member and stand up guy.

Stan needs meds!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
Stanthepsychomanmusial is a freaking lunatic!!!!!!

Homerun is a quality member and stand up guy.

Stan needs meds!!!!

Whatever. If he done to your sales thread what he done in mine, and if you received the PMs I did, you wouldn't be happy either. Stick up for your pal. It doesn't make what he did right.

chilly55

May 16, 2010
Trolling is not appreciated on any forum, for any reason. Doesn't matter if it's a $10.00 card that's for sale for $1,000.00 or a $50.00 card that's for sale for $75.00. The seller has a right to set the price, and you as a buyer, have the option to counter offer without making stupid comments. If the seller is way over priced, then the card will never sell. If the seller won't come down to your price, too bad. Trolling is for immature people who want to bully sellers by making stupid comments and ruining their chance for an actual sale. That is why on many forums, maybe not this one, trolling can and has gotten suspensions, both temporary and permanent.

Homerun's initial comment was unwarranted, and this coming from a senior member. Also, trolling can cause new members to simply not come back to this forum. Stantheman is a newer member and your bullying of this thread (you started it!) can and might just make him leave permanently. This in turn can cause him to tell other people that he trades with to avoid FCB. Is this what we really want? To drive off members, especially newer members.

An admin should step in to stop trolling/bullying on this forum and to reach out to Stantheman (if they already haven't).

Homerun, I will not respond to your forthcoming immature response.

Bill

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Trolling is not appreciated on any forum, for any reason. Doesn't matter if it's a $10.00 card that's for sale for $1,000.00 or a $50.00 card that's for sale for $75.00. The seller has a right to set the price, and you as a buyer, have the option to counter offer without making stupid comments. If the seller is way over priced, then the card will never sell. If the seller won't come down to your price, too bad. Trolling is for immature people who want to bully sellers by making stupid comments and ruining their chance for an actual sale. That is why on many forums, maybe not this one, trolling can and has gotten suspensions, both temporary and permanent.

Homerun's initial comment was unwarranted, and this coming from a senior member. Also, trolling can cause new members to simply not come back to this forum. Stantheman is a newer member and your bullying of this thread (you started it!) can and might just make him leave permanently. This in turn can cause him to tell other people that he trades with to avoid FCB. Is this what we really want? To drive off members, especially newer members.

An admin should step in to stop trolling/bullying on this forum and to reach out to Stantheman (if they already haven't).

Bill

i agree 100% with this....when the old beckett boards "split" , i considered two options : fcb and the bench....frankly i saw such a large number of smart-alecky juvenile posts (or moreso smart-ass remarks in response to serious comments/questions) here that i stuck with the bench....over the past 3-4 years i may have ventured back here 2-3 times a year , usually only because a google search led me to a specific thread here....i've only been here as something of a regular now for a couple months and i still see the same snarky crap (this thread + any thread started by david anthony come to mind) that made me opt to avoid the site years ago .....just my 2 cents...

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
i agree 100% with this....when the old beckett boards "split" , i considered two options : fcb and the bench....frankly i saw such a large number of smart-alecky juvenile posts (or moreso smart-ass remarks in response to serious comments/questions) here that i stuck with the bench....over the past 3-4 years i may have ventured back here 2-3 times a year , usually only because a google search led me to a specific thread here....i've only been here as something of a regular now for a couple months and i still see the same snarky crap (this thread + any thread started by david anthony come to mind) that made me opt to avoid the site years ago .....just my 2 cents...

This thread is a reason you stopped coming here?

OP put up a price and a poster made a mild comment about it being overpriced. At that point the OP flew into a tirade EVEN after the poster apologized for what he said and even complimented him on an amazing card.

Honestly, this thread was derailed by the OP and if he'd been a human being about it, we could have edited the one comment and moved on.

This should have been a dead issue at that point but the OP ruined his own thread.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country

OP put up a price and a poster made a mild comment about it being overpriced. At that point the OP flew into a tirade EVEN after the poster apologized for what he said and even complimented him on an amazing card.

Honestly, this thread was derailed by the OP and if he'd been a human being about it, we could have edited the one comment and moved on.

This should have been a dead issue at that point but the OP ruined his own thread.

please re-read what i wrote....

3 , 4, maybe even as far back as 5 years ago i had different people recommending new sites to "replace" the old beckett message boards....some loved the bench , some loved this site....i joined both and basically hung out , reading the boards and getting to know the sites a bit before becoming active myself....i just saw far more of the snarky , smart-alecky posts and general juvenile forum behavior here than on the bench so i opted to stay there....i finally started coming back here regularly roughly 2 months ago...i found that this site STILL has more of the same type of content that made me choose the bench over fcb....for instance , two weeks ago , someone asked a question seeking opinions...i answered - legitimately....naturally someone replied almost immediately with the all-too-typical sarcastic remark thanking me for enlightening everyone though the person who posted the reply offered NOTHING in reply to the OP's questions.....in other words , the person posted for no other reason than to ridicule ME...typical juvenile message board behavior that i really tend to shy away from.....

this thread (along with the current one by david anthony) are more shining examples of poor forum behavior....OBVIOUSLY this thread didn't drive me away 4 years ago....but this TYPE of thread DID....believe it or not , some people come to card trading sites to ESCAPE the hassles of the real world and really aren't looking for more name-calling or confrontation (or bullying as it has been called in this thread).....

as for the thread itself , i don't know what actual PM's were exchanged or who said what...the OP could have handled it better by ignoring the reply , but frankly i feel the other person is in the wrong here....the card isn't his so unless he is buying and involved in negotiations , he really has no say-so at all on what the owner can ask for the card and for that exact reason , he should have never posted what he did (disclaimer : i have no idea what the card SHOULD or COULD sell for) but even if he KNEW it should go for $5 instead of $1000 , unless the OP was asking for opinions on pricing he should have held his tongue....simple as that....

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Hi Bill,

No need to put that disclaimer as no immature response is coming. I have admitted that my initial response could have been taken with a grain of salt - the OP flipped out, PMed me threatening me, and started calling me names. There is a back and forth between sellers and buyers all the time and I'm very passionate about vintage patch cards (check my bucket if you don't believe me). Again - did I start the fire? Maybe, though I wasn't trying to. Could the OP have handled it 100 other ways besides calling me names and threatening me? Absolutely. After that, yes, I absolutely let my emotions get the best of me and continued to fuel the fire but I have no sympathy that the OPs thread is derailed as he acted like a total jerk to put it nicely.

This is the only board online that I'm an active poster in, the only relationships that I have with collectors are as a direct result of this board. I don't want to do anything intentional to give this board a bad name and discourage prospective members from actively joining.

Bill

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
You can make what you want to make out of this board - but the message you're sending across that a majority of members here are sarcastic, arrogant, and impolite simply isn't true. And if you went into a thread and posted your response in the same tone as you did in your previous post where you ended with "just my 2 cents..." (you basically insulted the board in the entire post), then yes you should not be surprised that your comment was derailed.

The ONLY reason this thread was derailed is because of name calling & threatening via PMs

please re-read what i wrote....

3 , 4, maybe even as far back as 5 years ago i had different people recommending new sites to "replace" the old beckett message boards....some loved the bench , some loved this site....i joined both and basically hung out , reading the boards and getting to know the sites a bit before becoming active myself....i just saw far more of the snarky , smart-alecky posts and general juvenile forum behavior here than on the bench so i opted to stay there....i finally started coming back here regularly roughly 2 months ago...i found that this site STILL has more of the same type of content that made me choose the bench over fcb....for instance , two weeks ago , someone asked a question seeking opinions...i answered - legitimately....naturally someone replied almost immediately with the all-too-typical sarcastic remark thanking me for enlightening everyone though the person who posted the reply offered NOTHING in reply to the OP's questions.....in other words , the person posted for no other reason than to ridicule ME...typical juvenile message board behavior that i really tend to shy away from.....

this thread (along with the current one by david anthony) are more shining examples of poor forum behavior....OBVIOUSLY this thread didn't drive me away 4 years ago....but this TYPE of thread DID....believe it or not , some people come to card trading sites to ESCAPE the hassles of the real world and really aren't looking for more name-calling or confrontation (or bullying as it has been called in this thread).....

as for the thread itself , i don't know what actual PM's were exchanged or who said what...the OP could have handled it better by ignoring the reply , but frankly i feel the other person is in the wrong here....the card isn't his so unless he is buying and involved in negotiations , he really has no say-so at all on what the owner can ask for the card and for that exact reason , he should have never posted what he did (disclaimer : i have no idea what the card SHOULD or COULD sell for) but even if he KNEW it should go for $5 instead of $1000 , unless the OP was asking for opinions on pricing he should have held his tongue....simple as that....

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I agree 100% with Philly, the OP went a little off the hook with his responses. Was HR a little off by criticizing the price? Sure, but the OP should have had a stronger backbone. HR apologized and the OP kept stirring and stirring. Cooler heads would have saved the drama and thread.

I collected Musial back in the day and I would never have paid that much for it. Being I was a player collector of Musial, I would have probably went strong and overpaid on it at $500 just to have it, as its very very unique.

This is the best (read unique) Musial patch I owned back in the day, numbered 8/10, and when I sold it I got 125ish for it, so I think my 500 strong for the Cardinals head is pretty accurate.
MusialStanPlayoffHonorsGUPatch8of10.jpg

I really wish the OP wouldnt have deleted all of the cards for sale cause I missed them and would have liked to have seen the AG Musial, one card of his that I still wish I had.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008

Exactly how I read it.

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014

Bill

Hi Bill,

I am glad you see through the bull and realize what happened. You summed it up pretty well. I done nothing but post my stuff for sale and Homerun28aa started bullying my selling price which others see and that automatically hurts my potential sales opportunity at the price I wanted for my card. A person can ask any amount for their item and should not have to put up with people coming in to their thread and trying to hurt potential sales prices of the owner's cards. What really set me off is the lowlife claimed in a PM that I was trying to rip someone off and that is why he started his bs in my thread. Who does the clown think he is? The sales police? If the staff of this site are going to allow that, as they have, and on top of that even stuck up for the behavior while saying I was wrong for going off after homerun28aa started it, then I have no desire to come back to FCB. I have not had one staff member reach out to me and support or understand why I was ticked. Not very professional if you ask me.

As for the card, it is a very unique piece and I have offers north of anything being suggested in this thread by the so called 'experts', but the trolling conduct has affected my sale price. Since the staff allowed this behavior to go unpunished, I doubt I will be here much if at all. I will be sure and warn others as well.

Gamecockfanatic, I too appreciate your seeing through what happened as well. You two who pointed out the bull are true professionals and understand how things should be ran on a trading site.

Homerun28aa is free to post all PMs between us fully unedited. I want everyone to see the entire story, not just what he edits down to look innocent here.

Last edited:

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Somebody call a waaaaaaaambulance

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
Somebody call a waaaaaaaambulance

U and your little clique of buddies stirring the pot are doing nothing to help the site grow, so knock yourselves out with the continued juvenile behavior. Word gets around to other collectors I assure you.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
You can make what you want to make out of this board - but the message you're sending across that a majority of members here are sarcastic, arrogant, and impolite simply isn't true. And if you went into a thread and posted your response in the same tone as you did in your previous post where you ended with "just my 2 cents..." (you basically insulted the board in the entire post), then yes you should not be surprised that your comment was derailed.

The ONLY reason this thread was derailed is because of name calling & threatening via PMs

i never said "a majority of members here are sarcastic, arrogant, and impolite"..... there are many quality members here (i know that because i know quite a few from other boards)....that still does not mean that this board does not have a higher frequency of the snarky crap than the site i do prefer to use most often.....MY personal experience here in the past was never really very positive ...since i recently returned , i've found that little has changed , yet i really seldom complain about it....most of the times i've seen someone ask a question , i've typed out a thoughtful reply and then closed the page without submitting it because i actually EXPECT half the replies to be negative (the last question that i actually tried to answer drew this sarcastic response from a user i won't name here : "So nice of you to explain all of that to us..." ...he didn't actually offer an answer of his own - but he felt it was worth his time to post that critique of my post....so now i'm left to once again EXPECT some smart remark when i try to help/answer someone....

i also have no clue what you mean when you say "And if you went into a thread and posted your response in the same tone as you did in your previous post where you ended with "just my 2 cents..." (you basically insulted the board in the entire post), then yes you should not be surprised that your comment was derailed." ....i did NOT insult the entire member base here...i merely noted that the negative posting i'd encountered here was enough to make me opt to not use the site as much as i could....there was no "tone" to it...simple facts...it doesn't take a majority to create a bad vibe and if there IS a sense of ill will , potential members WILL be driven away....forget the old saying about bad publicity being better than no publicity....if you want to draw in (and retain) new members , a lack of sarcasm/confrontation can only help..... it only takes a few bad apples and i dare say that at least half the threads i've read here over the past 2 months have AT LEAST one person posting stuff like that (note , i didn't say half the posts are negative , but at least seem to have some negative content - and a few threads seem to be dominated by it - such as the david anthony thread circulating this week) ...i hate to say it because i'd love this to be a nice escape from all the troubles in the real world , but honestly , it reminds me of the current beckett boards or the yahoo comments on virtually any box score/article ever posted....

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
DISCLAIMER...........to the above poster (stanthemanmusial), I never claimed to be an 'expert', however I was a collector of Musial at one time.

You had me second guessing my $500ish top of the mark, so I went to worthpoint to research to see how off I was.
Mind you this is not the perfect example, but about as close as I could get for comparison sakes
Your card is great/amazing/wonderful/fantastic/out of this world/insert any other word, but I will now stand by my earlier post.
If you have offers north of my estimate, and you are really looking to sell it, those might be some very fair offers to consider.

MusialAutoPatchBird_zpsb216ee33.jpg

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
My four cents: 1) no need for HR to say anything 2) him saying it's overpriced doesn't make your card less unique and to the right buyer that could be a 1k card (I never actually saw the card), but acting like a child in response to his criticism makes you look worse than him (both of you look bad) 3) please learn how to use the word "done" properly (in forums like this I get writing quickly and making mistakes but you did it repeatedly making me think it's a lack of knowledge as opposed to a mistake) 4) sorry for being the grammar police

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
DISCLAIMER...........to the above poster (stanthemanmusial), I never claimed to be an 'expert', however I was a collector of Musial at one time.

You had me second guessing my $500ish top of the mark, so I went to worthpoint to research to see how off I was.
Mind you this is not the perfect example, but about as close as I could get for comparison sakes
Your card is great/amazing/wonderful/fantastic/out of this world/insert any other word, but I will now stand by my earlier post.
If you have offers north of my estimate, and you are really looking to sell it, those might be some very fair offers to consider.

MusialAutoPatchBird_zpsb216ee33.jpg

Those were made from an old timers game modern jersey, not an official MLB wool gamer(mine). Huge difference. As a Musial collector, I figured you knew. Most do, and they sell accordingly. Apples to oranges yet again. I am done with this board so I probably won't reply again.

Members online

No members online now.