Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 NL/AL ROY Awards Announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
The correct choices. Sure wish Story could have played the whole season and made the NL voting more interesting.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
why did they have to put the curse on Corey Seager? ;)
If you mean the curse of becoming a superstar, then yah.
The past six winners are Kris Bryant, Jacob deGrom, Jose Fernandez, Bryce Harper, Craig Kimbrel and Buster Posey.
Pretty good company. (Yes, I saw your wink).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
If you mean the curse of becoming a superstar, then yah.
The past six winners are Kris Bryant, Jacob deGrom, Jose Fernandez, Bryce Harper, Craig Kimbrel and Buster Posey.
Pretty good company. (Yes, I saw your wink).

why is Jose Fernandez in that list? his career is over.

Bryant, Degrom, early to tell if they will have superstar/HOF careers or just were hot early in their careers. Posey and Harper solid. Kimbrel, meh.

Other NL ROY mehs - Chris Coughlan, Geovany Soto, Jason Bay, Dontrelle Willis, Jason Jennings, Scott Williamson, Chris Sabo, Todd Hollandsworth, Jerome Walton, and Raul Mondesi.

The curse to me is ROY is more likely to lead to more meh careers than players who are superstar/HOF caliber.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If you going to mention so so careers of people starting in 88' like it's a curse, you fail to mention quite a few that counter your arguement. These all had good/superstar/HOF careers: Bagwell, Justice, Nomo, Howard, Rolen, Pujols, and Piazza in NL alone. And I checked a stat and like 1/8 ROY'S have made the Hall.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
why is Jose Fernandez in that list? his career is over.

Bryant, Degrom, early to tell if they will have superstar/HOF careers or just were hot early in their careers. Posey and Harper solid. Kimbrel, meh.

Other NL ROY mehs - Chris Coughlan, Geovany Soto, Jason Bay, Dontrelle Willis, Jason Jennings, Scott Williamson, Chris Sabo, Todd Hollandsworth, Jerome Walton, and Raul Mondesi.

The curse to me is ROY is more likely to lead to more meh careers than players who are superstar/HOF caliber.
A curse would imply that players like Hollandsworth, Walton, Sabo, Jennings, Williamson, etc. were great players to begin with, and then a curse caused them to become average or injured.
Like the Madden cover curse, or Sports Illustrated curse.

Guys like Hollandsworth and Weiss and the majority of other ROYs mostly had just meh rookie seasons, but were better than the other rookies so they won. No curse because most were never stars or projected to be stars.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts