Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Update. Completed my 2017 Topps Archives Aaron Boone autograph rainbow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
All I need is the red /25 to complete it.

Scored the Gold 1/1 on eBay today.

DBmK9VYWsAA9emt

Last edited:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Congrats on getting so far so fast, naturally as I'm trying to complete the Wakefield rainbow I'm completely disgusted anyone would want anything with Boone's mug on it :D but I respect the dedication. I've got the base and the blue. Missed a couple of reds and haven't seen a peach yet. Been a long time since Timmy has had a licensed release, like seeing him in a real Sox uniform again.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Congrats on getting so far so fast, naturally as I'm trying to complete the Wakefield rainbow I'm completely disgusted anyone would want anything with Boone's mug on it :D but I respect the dedication. I've got the base and the blue. Missed a couple of reds and haven't seen a peach yet. Been a long time since Timmy has had a licensed release, like seeing him in a real Sox uniform again.

There are two of the Red's on eBay right now, but the sellers are pretty proud of them, and there's no Best Offer option to negotiate. I got the Gold for like $75 off what the seller originally had it listed at. I don't want to pay the same amount for a /25 as I did a 1/1. So I figured I'd just wait for more to be listed and hope for the best.

Hopefully you can finish your Wakefield set rather easily. I'm lucky the Gold was listed so quickly.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
We are falling victim to "early release pricing" it's all over the place, I elected to skip the two reds I saw listed because, for once in my life I exercised patience and kept a level head, prices should fall a bit, just a matter of finding the 1/1, I've had good luck with that I'm hoping it continues

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I elected to skip the two reds I saw listed because, for once in my life I exercised patience and kept a level head

That's exactly what I've been doing with the Red.

The Base, Peach and Blue were all pretty affordable, but the Reds that at listed are priced too high at the moment and I'm waiting for more to show up so the price may drop. If I have to eventually overpay, so be it. But hopefully not.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The reds shouldn't be that hard to find even months down the road.
It's so strange to think that a card numbered to 25 will be easy to find for months, when in the early '90s it was so hard to find cards numbered to 5,000.

Sam, what made you a fan of Aaron Boone?

sba

May 10, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
you're lucky that Boone's are so easy to tell apart. The Maas' is listed incorrectly so many times, and they all have the same border color so it's hard to tell which is which

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
you're lucky that Boone's are so easy to tell apart. The Maas' is listed incorrectly so many times, and they all have the same border color so it's hard to tell which is which

My Peach auto actually came with the base Archives Maas auto.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Sam, what made you a fan of Aaron Boone?

Well, being a fan of an NL Central team I got the chance to watch him play a ton over the years, and always enjoyed the way he played. Yeah, he wasn't the greatest player, but he played the game the right way in my opinion.

Then the 2003 ALCS happened, and that took it to another level. That was just the perfect storm of events that occurred, with his brother Bret in the TV booth, and everything that happened. It was the most insane thing I've ever watched during a baseball game.

And he seems like a really good dude. I was able to meet him at US Cellular in 2005 before a Indians @ White Sox game. I walked down to the Indians dugout before the game and he talked to my friends and I for a good five minutes. And I passed him walking into Busch Stadium before Game 1 of the 2011 World Series and exchanged pleasantries.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Odd that he left his middle name off the auto. He and Bucky Dent have the same effing middle names, in New England anyway. ;)

Strong work and congrats on the pick up.

I doubt Topps even thought about this, but I love that he and Wakefield get a Fan Favorite auto in the same year, as it was Wake that gave up that monster HR in 2003. Not exactly Mookie and Bill Buckner from 86, but Boone and Wake are linked in baseball history and forever in my head.

Edit: fixed a typo

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Odd that he left his middle name off the auto. He and Bucky Dent have the same effing middle names, in New England anyway. ;)

Strong work and congrats on the pick up.

I doubt Topps even thought about this, but I love that he and Wakefield get a Fan Favorite auto in the same year, as it was Wake that gave up that monster HR in 2003. Not exactly Mookie and Bill Buckner from 86, but Boone and Wake are linked in baseball history and forever in my head.

Edit: fixed a typo

A dual auto of the two would be amazing.

Not sure if Wakefield would be up for that though. Some players are weird about stuff like that.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I told my wife I wanted the Red for Father's Day.

Edit:

Not 5 minutes after I posted this my wife looked on eBay and one had just been listed for $34, and she bought it.

So, score. Now I have all of them.

Now I need to decide if I want to go after all the base variants.

Last edited:

Members online