Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giancarlo Stanton-The best player with very little trade value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
So Chris and I were discussing this topic a couple of days back and I thought it would be interesting to get some other opinions on the topic...

First, I'm a huge fan of Mr. Stanton but that contract he signed essentially makes him impossible to trade even though there might not be a team in the majors that wouldn't love him in their line-up.

So let's take a look at some points...

He's on pace to have his best season so far and is still only 27

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/stantmi03.shtml

Still gets some hobby love but playing somewhere else may help these prices...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIANCARLO-S...368954?hash=item51f9ec607a:g:UegAAOSwpONZPfEz

His contract runs through 2027 and has a bit over 260 million remaining...

So the question is, would you want your team to get him on the cheap and probably eat the last few years of that contract?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
If u can get him cheap y not? I didnt understand y the Marlins gave him the contract they did and I still can't.

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
How many times has he been on the DL? I would not want him at that cost. Ask the Angels about that contract they gave Albert Pujols. He is getting 26m this year and 27 next year.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I would think the Marlins are eating a lot of that contract or he ain't moving anywhere except maybe to the Dodgers. They dont seem to care what they spend

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

I don't think the Dodgers are THAT insane to pick up this Tab, especially if he's showing he is damaged goods

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I suppose it depends on what the marlins are looking for in return. He's certainly an injury risk, but if he comes to someone for comparatively little in return and the marlins even eat a few mill a year I think the reward is worth it. And so it's know, I'm not a fan and the contract is ridiculous. It's not my money and I'm assuming a team that takes him wouldn't let it cripple them financially... somehow.