Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
Anyone have a 1998 Finest Centruions or The Man Refractor for sale or trade? Peel or no peel, doesn't matter as long as in NM-MNT

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
A centurion PSA 9 sold the other day $150 bin. I wish I could set eBay to auto buy stuff lol. It was listed at 6am

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
LOL Anything you send him gets auto declined. He just wants a showcase. I did buy one card from him that slipped to a almost normal price.

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
LOL Anything you send him gets auto declined. He just wants a showcase. I did buy one card from him that slipped to a almost normal price.

Yeah I think he'd only sell if the price matched his high-end as he probably doesn't have to sell but would for the right price.

PSA 9 FOR 150!?! Why are all these at 6 and 7 am BIN?

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
This guys auctions should be titled "bid shilling"
It's so obvious even his common refractors sell for 10x ebay market value (past 6 months - current)
beware of these auctions freedom card Griffey collectors.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161263061386?nav=WATCHING_ENDED
http://m.ebay.com/itm/161263064990?nav=WATCHING_ENDED
http://m.ebay.com/itm/111310402121?nav=WATCHING_ENDED

You sir are an fn idiot. I was second bidder on these auctions. I just bought.

i paid $500 for the pair after I lost out on his auctions. I didn't even check your links but I bought the 2 luminescents for $120 each. Just because you won't pay or can't afford these cards doesn't mean other people can't. Tom is a good friend and I'm pissed you would call him out like this. I've bought over 30 high end cards from his auctions over the past couple months. Why don't you post se pics of your exquisite collection so we can see what an expert you are.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Griffeyjr you are a disgrace to the Griffey card collecting community. To not even know who medoogan is means you are just a troll. All you do is hate. Go hate on jordan collectors for spending an avg of 5k per rare jordan. Griffey will keep rising every year. Get used to it....

Please show me why you are such an expert and post 5 cards you own, what you paid and what they are worth.

Last edited:

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Ill start.. Yes I've been drinking
$12.95 bin....worth roughly $100

$150....worth $400

$290...worth $600-$700

$810 for all 3...roughly 1k

$490...worth $490 to me cause I can

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
You sir are an fn idiot. I was second bidder on these auctions. I just bought.

i paid $500 for the pair after I lost out on his auctions. I didn't even check your links but I bought the 2 luminescents for $120 each. Just because you won't pay or can't afford these cards doesn't mean other people can't. Tom is a good friend and I'm pissed you would call him out like this. I've bought over 30 high end cards from his auctions over the past couple months. Why don't you post se pics of your exquisite collection so we can see what an expert you are.

Just because you BOUGHT his items doesn't mean that his auctions have not been shilled, it's FACT that they are going out way over the market value (based off 6 months of history) He is also selling cards for other people (clearly seen as he sells duplicates) and most likely is having them bid them up.

I wont sit here and have a discussion with you if you're going to jump into an ad hominem argument. His auctions are selling for way over any other auction for the SAME card. These are facts, they are also pulling in more bids which is common with shilling or selling for others and having them bid.

And your implications that I would only be an "expert" on card listings based on having a good Griffey collection makes no sense. I also don't appreciate your assumptions that I can't afford the cards listed. I assure you that if I wanted to pay 3 times value for a card I most certainly could. I'd rather not pay over market price on a fishy auction.

I've posted a few from my PC here before so I'll repost those for you and if you'd like a full list or pics of my PC I welcome a PM as I don' find it necessary to prove to you I'm an avid collector and follow the market. Besides like most of here my collection is in a safety deposit box.

You also overpaid on both those illuminators (whether you have the cash or not) or if it's for your PC or to resell you paid too much for those

Last edited:

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
Griffeyjr you are a disgrace to the Griffey card collecting community. To not even know who medoogan is means you are just a troll. All you do is hate. Go hate on jordan collectors for spending an avg of 5k per rare jordan. Griffey will keep rising every year. Get used to it....

Please show me why you are such an expert and post 5 cards you own, what you paid and what they are worth.

This is such an arrogant useless post and I hope all others on this forum see your condescending negative pompous attitude as well.

num1jrfan

May 19, 2013
that is not shill biding. thats just collectors that have more money then you would send on somthing. i spent double even triple on cards that i needed for a set. doesnt mean it shill bid. its just worth more to me then you. your acting like a child who got picked last.

Members online