Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Super Spectacular Boxscore Bingo: Layer 6 is Complete!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
Layer 4 is complete.

Congrats to nerdherd020. He takes home $40.

Pittsburgh: Same League Opp. 92-99 pitches (July 13)
Cleveland: Even Number Date 0-2 Strikeouts (July 14)
Pittsburgh: 1st-15th of any Month, 30+ Batters Faced (August 1)
Washington: Tues, Fri, Sun Game, 4 Walks (August 2)

Everyone may begin working on layer 5 starting on August 3.

The OP has a running tally of all winners.

Yay! Thanks again for another fun contest!

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
Level 5 for me contains NY Mets 0-32 AB's, so someone has the throw a no-no versus them. I don't even need to check daily, if someone does toss one, it will headline news.....still checking for level 9 however

Actually, it means the entire Mets team has to have between 0 and 32 at-bats in a game.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
@cjedmonton is this correct?

This is absolutely correct. This is the team batting layer, so any scenario pertains to the cumulative total for the entire team.

0-32 ABs is actually quite common, and can be achieved several ways since it gives you 5 AB over the minimum.

Here's a game from just last night where both teams met the mark:

Washington Nationals vs. Milwaukee Brewers - Gameflash - August 3, 2013

On a side note: [MENTION=5808]nerdherd020[/MENTION], please PM me your Paypal address if you want to get paid for Layer 4!

WaxPax

Thank you for the clarification, I thought it was cumulative Hits vs AB's in a game, not a range of total AB's....

This is absolutely correct. This is the team batting layer, so any scenario pertains to the cumulative total for the entire team.

0-32 ABs is actually quite common, and can be achieved several ways since it gives you 5 AB over the minimum.

Here's a game from just last night where both teams met the mark:

Washington Nationals vs. Milwaukee Brewers - Gameflash - August 3, 2013

On a side note: @nerdherd020, please PM me your Paypal address if you want to get paid for Layer 4!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Layer 5 is complete.

Congrats to metallicalex777. He takes home $50.

Minnesota 0-32 At Bats: 31 on 08/03
Cincinnati 10+ Hits: 10 on 08/07
Colorado 3 Walks: 3 on 08/06
Houston 3+ Stolen Bases: 6 on 08/05
Boston 3+ Doubles: 3 on 08/06

Everyone may begin working on layer 6 starting on August 8.

The OP has a running tally of all winners.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] Just a couple of quick questions about Layer 6.

Top Individual Batter; meaning player with the most hits that game? Player with the best BA or OBP in that game? I just want to make sure that I am looking for the right thing.

Also, I have one that says any month. Does that mean I can go back through any month of the season or any month after Aug 8 since that's when this layer opened?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] Just a couple of quick questions about Layer 6.

Top Individual Batter; meaning player with the most hits that game? Player with the best BA or OBP in that game? I just want to make sure that I am looking for the right thing.

Also, I have one that says any month. Does that mean I can go back through any month of the season or any month after Aug 8 since that's when this layer opened?

Thanks for the questions. Here's a copy/paste of Note #4 in the OP:

-----------------

4. For the Top Individual Batter section, you must use the player with the highest number for that scenario. If you look at the sample card below, you'll see the 3rd scenario in layer 6 reads:

St. Louis
Same League Opp.
1 Strikeout

In order to cross this square off, you must have an St. Louis batter have exactly 1 strikeout against a National League opponent. If one St. Louis batter has 1 strikeout and another has 2 strikeouts, you cannot cross that space off. Always look at the single highest total for a scenario when attempting to cross the space off. On the other hand, if more than one St. Louis batter has exactly 1 strikeout vs. a National League opponent, that does count since the single highest strikeout total is exactly 1.

-----------------

Regarding your square that says "1st-15th of any month", that only refers to the effective date for this layer (August 8th). In other words, you have August 1-15 or Sept 1-15 to complete this scenario (a very easy one to accomplish, I might add!).

Hope this helps,

Chris

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thank you for the clarification, Chris. I read that and thought I read it right, but I thought it would be best to double check, just in case.

Agreed. I don't think it will be hard to cross that one off, but I wanted to double check. :D

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Super Spectacular Boxscore Bingo: Layer 5 is Complete!

Super bummed out... I was 4 outs away from the grand prize and Houston blew their lead. Damn it!! I think I have one more shot at it tomorrow where I have 6 of my 7 teams facing each other.

Jedi500

Jan 2, 2009
How do the Wed, Sat, Sunday game and the Thurs-Sun Game, the top player has to have 3 RBIs for those days to get it?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Player has to achieve the stat on a game that falls during those days. I.E. I have Atlanta Mon-Thur 4+ runs scored. So I need a Brave to score 4+ runs in one single game occurring on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. If it happens Friday-Sunday, it won't count.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I had 6/7 on August 1st. The only one I was missing was a Tampa win because they didn't play that day. So technically, they didn't lose either. That's the same, right? ;)

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I had 6/7 on August 1st. The only one I was missing was a Tampa win because they didn't play that day. So technically, they didn't lose either. That's the same, right? ;)

In a surreal alternate dimension, yes it would be the same thing! For this game though...no dice. Sorry!

On that note, I just noticed that I never addressed doubleheaders for Layer 9.

If one or more of your teams has a doubleheader, both results must be the same in order for it to count.

Example:

LA Dodgers
Win

If they have a twinbill, they must sweep. A split does not count.

On that note, I firmly believe we will have a grand prize winner before the month is out. Too many close calls...

Members online