Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question to eBay sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I was looking at a bulk player listing stating there was over 1,500 cards of one player in this lot. The item description is completely devoid of details other than to restate the item heading and add in boilerplate shipping terms. I sent the seller a question asking to estimate how many different cards there are. There are three pictures showing 60 cards. I want to know if there are 61 cards or closer to 300-400 different.
As a buyer I know in a huge lot like that there will be LOTS of duplicates. The response I got was "I really couldn't tell you". Really?!? All I want is an estimate I'm not returning the lot if he's off by one. I don't think it was an unreasonable question but the answer is unacceptable to me. I still want to roll the dice on it but the seller agitated me so much I dont want to give them my money.
Am I just out of touch with what is reasonable?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
You aren't being unreasonable.

The seller just does not deem it to be worth his time to answer this question. Probably better to just move on if you are expecting more out of this lot.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Fair question......only [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] wants hundreds and hundreds duplicate 1992 Donruss base cards

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Most sellers won't know this information you are asking and those that don't will probably not find it worth their time to go through the cards to get you an estimate. Most bulk player lots I have bought are bought blind. I have gotten to the point where I just want to know how many cards are in the lot, it's a lot easier for sellers to estimate that than how many different cards there are. Now there are some sellers that are so organized that they will tell you how many of each card is in the lot but that is certainly not common. Just adding my two cents as I buy Andre Dawson lots all the time as I have over 150,000 Andre Dawson cards

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I've bought player lots before and been burned many times. Then I sold my own lots, and guaranteed no doubles. I personally went thru it and pulled out any doubles. Sold the lot pretty quickly, and I think that guarantee is the reason why.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts