Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shorted 15 autos in a Topps Chrome case - now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
Cracked my second case of 2013 Topps Chrome today - 9 boxes only had one auto, and 3 had none at all. I'm beyond pissed at this point - who do I contact for best/quickest results an what should I ask for and expect from them to make it right? Any help is appreciated :)

Greg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Cracked my second case of 2013 Topps Chrome today - 9 boxes only had one auto, and 3 had none at all. I'm beyond pissed at this point - who do I contact for best/quickest results an what should I ask for and expect from them to make it right? Any help is appreciated :)

Greg

Wow, that's beyond terrible. I'm sorry man. Honestly, I'd probably go back to whoever you bought it from because they might have the best route to go. Otherwise you're screwed. Topps is like a black box. Don't know how to contact and/or get any reply IMO.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
I contacted he shop owner today and he said he would call his Topps rep, but that I should also call customer service. Case was sealed and right off the truck an the guy is about the best shop owner I've ever dealt with, so I know all the fault lies with Topps.

Any idea on what I should be asking for? Is another case as a make-up too much to ask for?

Greg

A_Pharis

I contacted he shop owner today and he said he would call his Topps rep, but that I should also call customer service. Case was sealed and right off the truck an the guy is about the best shop owner I've ever dealt with, so I know all the fault lies with Topps.

Any idea on what I should be asking for? Is another case as a make-up too much to ask for?

Greg

They're going to send you autos. I don't think I've ever heard of sending a case. You didn't get shorted anything besides - so I wouldn't ask for more.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
Does this mean I should mentally prepare myself for a mix of 15 Brandon Maurer and Paco Rodriguez autos?

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Same thing happened to me with a case of 2010 Allen & Ginter. The results I received back from Topps was absolutely terrible. As Adam stated, yes, the replacement will be of Brandon Mauer and Paco Rodriguez, Nick Maronde, and others. Don't expect any colored auto replacements either.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Sorry but be prepared for nothing but paco and familia with a few Brandon mauers.

I also wouldn't be shocked if you get a bunch of chaz roe autos, even though he isn't on the cl.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Should have stopped busting when you saw they were short. Maybe they could have replaced them with sealed boxes.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

Greg

You can thank the people who say they didnt get hits when they in fact did for the ton of $3.00 autos you will get. Even though you would have pulled them anyhow. They wont give you "extra" so forget that now.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
[h=2]MISSING OR DAMAGE CARDS[/h]Please note that the policy of the Topps Company regarding the request for missing product items for all current year products requires that the consumer include the following items with their submission:

1. A letter of explanation
  2. A copy of sales receipt
  3. All pack wrappers & or mini boxes from the product
  4. The UPC code (bar code) from the Main box
This should be sent to:
The Topps Company, Inc.
ATTN: Consumer Relations
401 York Ave.
Duryea, PA 18642
ATTN: Consumer RelationsWe will then review your issue and begin taking steps toward rectifying it, please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
[h=3]SCANNING ITEMS FOR MISSING HITS:[/h]If you failed to receive a card within the stated odds printed on its respective packaging and have a scanner. Please contact Topps Customer Service electronically for replacements, eliminating the need to mail items in.
Please email [email protected] and include your name and address, along with digital pictures in PDF format which must include the UPC symbol from the box with either an "X" or hole punched through the center also please provide the date of submission written on the UPC, and a copy of the store receipt evidencing the purchase. Once we receive this email and confirm, we will expedite the process and ship your missing hit.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
That is really, really rough. From what I've heard, you'll get replacements. Just don't get your hopes up for anything special. Sounds like a mechanical failure to me here.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
Sorry for you, but.....caveat emptor.

I'm sorry, but excuse me??? When a product states right on the box in huge letters "2 autographs per box" with no disclaimer or asterix or "on average" following it, I should expect what is advertised. If you go to the store and buy a sealed blu-ray only to find out the case is empty, is that the buyers fault? Do you go home, shrug your shoulders, and tell yourself it's your fault for buying the movie?

I realize this isn't the end of the world, but to claim that it's "buyer beware" is a bit ridiculous. All I want is the company to provide to me what they stated they would provide to me.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I'm sorry, but excuse me??? When a product states right on the box in huge letters "2 autographs per box" with no disclaimer or asterix or "on average" following it, I should expect what is advertised. If you go to the store and buy a sealed blu-ray only to find out the case is empty, is that the buyers fault? Do you go home, shrug your shoulders, and tell yourself it's your fault for buying the movie?

I realize this isn't the end of the world, but to claim that it's "buyer beware" is a bit ridiculous. All I want is the company to provide to me what they stated they would provide to me.

Unfortunately too many people have this same bullXXXX "you took a chance by buying wax" attitude.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
THANKS TOPPS! Good luck, I would ask for a new sealed case and send back the other crap case so maybe they can look into the production problem (if they care)...Did you pull any decent autos out of the 9 you did get?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
THANKS TOPPS! Good luck, I would ask for a new sealed case and send back the other crap case so maybe they can look into the production problem (if they care)...Did you pull any decent autos out of the 9 you did get?

Honestly, I agree. At this point it is not about the missing auto(s) but the overall experience. The inherent value was obviously decimated by the lack of 'guaranteed' auto's, but so was the experience (The actual value of the product Topps claims) due to the gross negligence.

Members online

Latest posts