Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking to Build A Game Used/Auto Box O Goodies - Any Interest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This thing is going to be sweet! Wish I had enough to play. Just looking through the box would be fun.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Bill,

I came across a lot more to add to the box over the weekend. I'll send you another box of goodies to add! The first box I sent you didnt seem to measure up to what you've already received, so I aquired more stuff!

Fordman

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
address sent, Gary.

Thanks, Mick, for the foresight and honesty to say to yourself you needed to kick it up a notch (just going on your own words. I haven't seen the first package you sent yet, so I have no idea what is in it) and for doing so. All participants will appreciate it!

As for sending this out - we are getting close!!! I want everyone to know that is participating that I have even higher hopes for the success of this project than the last one. I have a new or fairly new toploader on every single card in the box and put each topload in a team bag. These are all going to packaged nicely and I want you, the recipient to feel like you are opening a present when you get this box, so I am going to ask that you pay attention to the presentation of the box when you get it and keep it looking nice when you send it out. Obviously, I can only ensure what it looks like when it gets to the first person, but you can do your part to keep it looking good and taking care of the items you add to the box when it gets to you. Try to maintain a new toploader and team bag per card if you can. Keep the tape wads and sticky residues out of the box. Keep the cards protected and we won't run into the issues we had with the other project where many got damaged on the cross-country tour.

Remember, do not put any cards into the box except for Game Used or Autographs. No base cards!!! Now, if you have a specific gift for someone coming after you and you want to wrap it and address it specifically to that person, I don't really care what you put in it, but as for the box and general picking between participants, keep it to this request please!

Also, I feel there are some great members participating in this who will do this project right and there is probably no need to say this, but just to ease my anxiety - don't pull a 6 color double patch card #'d /15 and replace it with an unnumbered solid color plain jersey card and please don't pull a nice auto of a star or semi-star and replace it with a no-name, non-active rookie auto from 2002 - Jeff Francis comes to mind for some reason! LOL. The box is starting with really nice stuff and we want it to get BETTER! Avoiding the above scenario avoids deterioration of the contents. When we do round 2, there should be no need for anyone to send anything to start it off. It should just be able to go out to the next group.

Please post pictures as it goes around as well! It's fun for all - - - unless you have a surprise for someone you don't want to be spoiled. In that case, just keep it a secret!

Super excited!
Bill

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Please post pictures as it goes around as well! It's fun for all - - - unless you have a surprise for someone you don't want to be spoiled. In that case, just keep it a secret!
Bill

I was thinking about typing this as I was reading your last post. This is a good attempt to keep everyone honest if they need to post pictures of what they claim/contribute.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Shipping order updated. Probably close to final and has some logic to it. That said, any strong objections to the order, let me know and we can rework it. Also, may alter if we get another person. Waulk11, in California, is contemplating participation. He will be going in the middle, somewhere around Mike and Jeff, if he participates.

Thanks!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Okay guys, we are close. Gary's cards came in yesterday. I'm not rescanning because he already posted pics but I will say there is more than what he scanned that was sent! He's an amazingly generous member!

He also included a card for me for organizing this! A very rare Rocco card and it just happens to have a couple other bums on it:

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1397766955.141788.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1397766966.055115.jpg

Gary, thank you very very much! I hope you find a couple gems in the box for your collection too!

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Okay guys, we are close. Gary's cards came in yesterday. I'm not rescanning because he already posted pics but I will say there is more than what he scanned that was sent! He's an amazingly generous member!

He also included a card for me for organizing this! A very rare Rocco card and it just happens to have a couple other bums on it:

View attachment 33986View attachment 33987

Gary, thank you very very much! I hope you find a couple gems in the box for your collection too!

Bill do you want me to send you some cards or just add them when I get the box ???

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Bill do you want me to send you some cards or just add them when I get the box ???

Whichever you prefer, Jeff. Honestly, I just wanted to make sure we had a solid foundation to this build and I think we do at this point and I know you will make a strong contribution as you always do. I also have the auto lot you sent me a month or two ago and all of those will be included. I just never got around to scanning.

Best, Bill

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Whichever you prefer, Jeff. Honestly, I just wanted to make sure we had a solid foundation to this build and I think we do at this point and I know you will make a strong contribution as you always do. I also have the auto lot you sent me a month or two ago and all of those will be included. I just never got around to scanning.

Best, Bill

Ok I'll just add when I get it. Plus gives me time to get more

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD

View attachment 33986View attachment 33987

Hey Bill, will you please add the following "wants" for me: Steelers, Jack Clark, 2011 Panini Contenders baseball autographs (no matter how lousy the player)

I thought I pm'd you this info, but when I checked my "sent" messages, I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance!

[MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION] are you interested in Raiders cards? I found some game used if you want me to add them to the box.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Do I have everything to get this going? I think [MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION] Mick said he was sending a second starter package with some better stuff, but I haven't seen it or heard back - Mick, just let me know. It really isn't necessary at this point, but if you sent it, I will wait for it.

Thank you!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Do I have everything to get this going? I think [MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION] Mick said he was sending a second starter package with some better stuff, but I haven't seen it or heard back - Mick, just let me know. It really isn't necessary at this point, but if you sent it, I will wait for it.

Thank you!

Hi Bill,

Go ahead and send out the first rounder and I'll add lots of stuff as there is a huge show in Cincinnati this weekend where I can pick up some great stuff to add for round 2

Mick
FCB ID: Fordman

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
box is on the way to Greg in the AM! Label printed and I will PM you the tracking. Please insure this guys... let's go $300 for now

Members online