Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CBSsports Jon Heyman reports Upton to Atlanta a done DEAL! Show'em if you gottem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolters03

Feb 14, 2011
St. Paul, MN
"News: The Diamondbacks agreed to trade outfielder Justin Upton to the Braves on Thursday. They will also send third baseman Chris Johnson to Atlanta and receive third baseman/outfielder Martin Prado, starting pitcher Randall Delgado, shortstop prospect Nick Ahmed and pitching prospect Zeke Spruill in return."

IMAG0047.jpg

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Don't know much about Ahmed but that seems like a great deal for the Braves. Still wish the Cubs would have gotten Delgado last year in that Dempster trade

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Well, with both Uptons, Heyward, Uggla, and picking up Chris Johnson, the Braves need only one thing to complete that line-up: ROB DEER as the batting coach. Who better to work on the upper-cut swings of this line-up than the strikeout king himself? Yeah, when the Braves are on, they will put up 10+ runs. But when they face the likes of Halladay, Greinke, Strasburg, Kershaw, etc... each of those guys can easily strike out 15+ an outing against that line-up.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The Braves have to steal the spotlight from the Phillies. We get Delmon Young and they go out and get Justin Upton.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
great trade for braves! damn...los mets couldnt even sign back hairston..ugh

dave

Sent from my iPhone using FCB Gangnam Style mobile app

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This shows you ARZ didnt value Upton all that high. This looks like a steal unless everyone thing Delgado is gonna really pan out which is a long shot.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I like the Braves, and they're doing what they feel they have to do to keep pace with Washington and a healthy Philly team...but I really hate to see Prado leave.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
So AZ spent the offseason turning Upton and Bauer into Gregorious, Prado, Delgado, Spruill, and a bunch of spare parts? Ouch. How do you go from first demanding Andrus or Profar along with "other significant pieces", to almost getting Walker, Franklin, and 2 bullpen pieces, to accepting this?

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
Nats fans here are not happy with this deal either. At least the NL East has a bye on its schedule in the form of the Marlins so the Wild Card should come out of here again.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Does Arizona know something that no one else does? From an outsiders perspective it seems like an absolute steal for the Braves.

Members online

Latest posts