Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Team collectors - Fan set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
How many of you team collectors would enjoy an autographed set of your teams famous fans? I personally think it would be a cool idea. Off the top of my head, the Mets could have Jerry Seinfeld, Kevin James, Chris Rock, Julia Stiles, amongst others. Has anything like this ever been done? Also, maybe a fun side project, who would be in your teams fan set?

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Donruss/Leaf/Panini did this about 10 years ago as an insert across all of their products. I believe it was called "Fans of the Game."

Cool idea that should be done again!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Donruss/Leaf/Panini did this about 10 years ago as an insert across all of their products. I believe it was called "Fans of the Game."

Cool idea that should be done again!

Hmm, I didn't know, did they have big names, or was it just Joe Schmo who appeared in a commercial once that claims to be a fan?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
There were some decent names in the series but IIRC they were 90% Yankee or Dodger fans

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

Pretty cool, I like when they are wearing their teams jerseys or whatever, or added the inscription "go (team)". Did seem to be LA/NYY heavy... The only Mets one I saw was someone named Adam Mesh, something about average Joe, I'm guessing reality show... Not exactly who I was hoping for. I'd love to see it come back, more team oriented. Team colors on the cards and such, cool inscriptions, think it could be really well done if done correctly.

On Sports Collectors.net
-There is someone that collects signed photos of celebrity first pitches (almost always wearing a team jersey), but they are not always fans of that particular team.
-Someone else created some custom fan cards for the Cardinals. I think they had ones signed by Greg Amsinger (MLB Network) and Jenna Fischer (Pam from The Office) and someone else.

Tzvih123

Feb 21, 2014
Long Island,NY
I wouldn't be interested in any celebrities except Jeffrey Donovan ( from Burn Notice). He once pitched at a Red Sox game so I assume he's a Red Sox fan.
And as the old saying goes
" Yankees > Red Sox"
- Abraham Lincoln , Gettsyburg Address, 1863

Members online