Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Julio Urias

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
This kid deserves his own thread.

You guys that know pitching, chime in here.

What makes this kid such a stud at such a young age (turned 18 last month)? He averaged 13.5k/9in his last 10 appearances, with a 0.95 era in that time span. He's averaged 11.15k/9in the past two years combined, which were almost all at ages of 16 and 17 in A and A+ ball. He also had a .206 BAA and 1.11 WHIP over that same span.

And, what do you foresee for his future over the next five years?

Thanks.

Ps. Post your nice Urias hits and pick-ups here!

Cheers.

MiLB.com reference on Urias: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=628711#/career/R/pitching/2014/ALL

or do you see a higher ceiling in some other pitcher? Maybe Edwards? http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=605218#/career/R/pitching/2014/ALL

Last edited:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Aren't they projecting CJ Edwards as a reliever at this point?

As for Urias, for his age, just amazing results. Should be interesting to see where he ends up next season...perhaps on the MLB roster in 2016 at 19 turning 20 would be unreal.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
This kid deserves his own thread.

You guys that know pitching, chime in here.

What makes this kid such a stud at such a young age (turned 18 last month)? He averaged 13.5k/9in his last 10 appearances, with a 0.95 era in that time span. He's averaged 11.15k/9in the past two years combined, which were almost all at ages of 16 and 17 in A and A+ ball. He also had a .206 BAA and 1.11 WHIP over that same span.

And, what do you foresee for his future over the next five years?

Thanks.

Ps. Post your nice Urias hits and pick-ups here!

Cheers.

MiLB.com reference on Urias: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=628711#/career/R/pitching/2014/ALL

or do you see a higher ceiling in some other pitcher? Maybe Edwards? http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=605218#/career/R/pitching/2014/ALL

Urias has huge upside and could be the next great Dodger lefty although having some arm issues this year is a bit worrisome.

I own a few here and there but nothing huge.

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
Pretty impressive for so young. I lucked out and pulled Redemption Chrome Refractor Bowman Mini Auto Purple Par'l of Julio Urias out of a bowman blaster a couple of weeks ago. Took a chance and redeemed it.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Urias has huge upside and could be the next great Dodger lefty although having some arm issues this year is a bit worrisome.

I own a few here and there but nothing huge.

I'm not aware of any arm issues. Where did you hear about that? Seems he was healthy all year long from what I saw and heard.

Unfortunately I don't have anything high end. But I am ready for his debut:

Cool stuff. Thanks for posting.

Pretty impressive for so young. I lucked out and pulled Redemption Chrome Refractor Bowman Mini Auto Purple Par'l of Julio Urias out of a bowman blaster a couple of weeks ago. Took a chance and redeemed it.

Sweet! A blaster?!? You must have been pumped! If you want to trade it or sell it, please let me know. Thanks.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
What makes his story that much more impressive is that he once had a tumor removed from his left eye.

He ain't no scrub. Hopefully his future doesn't include burning down houses, or chasing waterfalls.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

that was just early-season stiffness, I'm sure; I didn't see he had any issues the whole year, and for his age, and hitting 96-97 mph on the gun (when he dials it up), it's impressive he didn't

What makes his story that much more impressive is that he once had a tumor removed from his left eye.

He ain't no scrub. Hopefully his future doesn't include burning down houses, or chasing waterfalls.

Overcoming adversity seems to help a lot of guys get and keep a stable perspective on life and the sport. He seems very stable-minded already (see milb all-star futures game interview.) Announcers say he's got an uncanny ability not to get rattled on the mound when there are men on base or in other pressure situations. That's what I like to hear.

If he gets the call next September, he'll be exactly the same age as Doc Gooden when Doc got the call back in 1984-- both will have been or will be 19.1 years old at their debut times. I'd love to see him put up a few first years like Doc did, minus the drug abuse.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Per @BowmanCards, he's officially been added to Bowman Chrome as an auto. :mrgreen:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
so we get another 2nd year prospect auto. yay~

i understand its a card that will sell well but still.

I imagine he will be signing for every Bowman product for the next several years. Of course his first couple releases will be worth the most, however.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts