Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No Thread About Josh Hamilton?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Heroin is bad news. Just the element you deal with to obtain it is dangerous. I expected it to be oxy or some other kind of pain killer.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Have you ever done meth or known anyone who has? What an ignorant statement

Without getting into too much detail, I am from Riverside, California... the crystal meth capital of the world when I was growing up. I was in a meth lab fire at 8 years old. In an out of foster care and group homes until I was 18. Lost many friends, family, teachers, mentors to the glass dick.

So I stand by my "ignorant" statement. I'm sorry your hero is a dope head. But putting your blinders on and dismissing a realistic statement as ignorant IS ignorant.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The God's honest truth is that MLB has given Josh Hamilton chance after chance after chance to clean up his act, and he has failed over and over.

He is a great baseball player, but he is failing as a human being.

I would have no problem if Major League Baseball suspended him for life after this. He's proven he cannot be trusted to stay clean.

We can blame it on addiction, and say he doesn't have control over his actions due to it, but his own personal choices are what got him to this position in his life, so it's his own fault.

Great talent. Wasted talent.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
We can blame it on addiction, and say he doesn't have control over his actions due to it, but his own personal choices are what got him to this position in his life, so it's his own fault.

Great talent. Wasted talent.

Thank you. I'm sick of hearing the "poor little addict" defenses. At some point, HE CHOSE to put that **** into his body. No sympathy.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Without getting into too much detail, I am from Riverside, California... the crystal meth capital of the world when I was growing up. I was in a meth lab fire at 8 years old. In an out of foster care and group homes until I was 18. Lost many friends, family, teachers, mentors to the glass dick.

So I stand by my "ignorant" statement. I'm sorry your hero is a dope head. But putting your blinders on and dismissing a realistic statement as ignorant IS ignorant.

As someone who was once addicted, and clean for 7 years, I have to disagree with you. There will be no relapse here. I also have many friendless, who've defeated, cleaned up and not relapsed. It's a common thought, but not a true statement.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I am reading through a lot of comments on FaceBook on Hamilton articles being posted, and I'm amazed at the amout of people who always make excuses for junkies, and say that if you're not an addict you don't understand.

But my thing is, when is the individual going to be held accountable, and not just felt sorry for because he has a 'disease'?

MLB has went out of their way for a decade to get him help.

If he were a PED user, this would be three strikes and he's banned from the game.

Same should apply for recreational.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I am reading through a lot of comments on FaceBook on Hamilton articles being posted, and I'm amazed at the amout of people who always make excuses for junkies, and say that if you're not an addict you don't understand.

But my thing is, when is the individual going to be held accountable, and not just felt sorry for because he has a 'disease'?

MLB has went out of their way for a decade to get him help.

If he were a PED user, this would be three strikes and he's banned from the game.

Same should apply for recreational.

I think you have to be somewhat sympathetic. I doubt many addicts like being addicts. Obviously they need to take personal responsibility but we don't know what kind of demons Josh Hamilton or anyone else is fighting. I went through a drug rehab program in prison (although I didn't actually have any drug addiction) and I saw a lot of pain and struggling from guys trying to break free from drugs. I never thought of drug addiction has a disease until I saw how much it could control them, I now have a new appreciation for those who recover and stay drug free.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts