Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Topps High Tek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Dang I'm a sucker for tek, and I think this design looks awesome. Only question is why release this set in the middle of football season. Am I the only person that wants to buy baseball cards during baseball season lol.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Still think they should make this an auto-less product and concentrate on 100 card, 100 pattern set

Eh, it wouldn't be horrible but I don't think it's necessary. I will never undertake another 100 pattern set lol
The one per auto rate brings up the price point and lowers the print run. Almost need that in today's collecting world to create demand, scarcity, and challenge

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Still think they should make this an auto-less product and concentrate on 100 card, 100 pattern set

I'd like something like that w Clark. But also with a 1 parallel of each pattern. But I didn't have to go after them in 98-00 so many prob wouldn't want to go through that again.

Ryan

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Eh, it wouldn't be horrible but I don't think it's necessary. I will never undertake another 100 pattern set lol
The one per auto rate brings up the price point and lowers the print run. Almost need that in today's collecting world to create demand, scarcity, and challenge

But with this type of product, no auto would be needed and you would still have demand, scarcity, and challenge..
also this needs card with pattern numbers.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
RJ in the sample pics so I don't have to wait & see, nice! Based on the card images it looks like they may have brushed of the AL/NL different patterns idea, and made it less busy so each background pattern shows thru more clearly (like '98). Also no Topps logo on the front of the cards again, must be a conscious decision to keep them more simple.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
They will milk the cow dry and announce
Kris Bryant will be in this as a insert only no auto :p and the prices still for the boxes will double (presell).

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Please, please, please let Andre Dawson be in this product this year. You crushed me last year Topps, don't do it again.

I would love this! If Dawson was in it of course.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I ended up really disappointed with last year's set. I was looking forward to collecting the Frank Thomases, but when it arrived it was just a confusing mess. Nothing compelling about collecting them, and many were soooo SP'd you had little shot of completing it, even sans the 1/1s. And I am not one to shy away from SP'd sets. Plus the fact that boxes were so expensive for the number of cards you got, I couldn't imagine it being fun to rip unless you were just flipping everything, which would almost certainly be a loss, anyways.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I don't know if I want Olerud to be in this or not. He probably won't since he's not exactly a big hobby star, and he already has his annual Topps card (in GQ).

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Mind if I ask why not? I only ask 'cuz most Player collectors love this set and ones like it...

Don't like the product idea, the look of it or the idea of having to track down more of your guys' cards? :???:

A lot of the players in the original 98 set are no longer playing. I only focus on my guys cards when he was playing. Also most of who was in the original tek set are not in the new one Bernie being one so for me ill pass.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts