Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this the best picture of John Cusack you could use Panini?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
As a Cubs fan, and a guy that grew up on John Cusack movies like Better Off Dead, Say Anything, Grosse Pointe Blank, The Grifters, High Fidelity, Pushing Tin and Eight Men Out, I'd really enjoy picking up an auto of him, especially on a card celebrating his fandom and the Cubs WS win.

But my god Panini, what the hell is with this photo? I can't buy it because it would haunt my dreams. Such a weird choice.

s-l1600.jpg

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
It looks like a cross between Cusack and Eddie Vedder to me. Both Cubs fans though, right.

May the 4th be with you!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
It's almost like they had no plans to include him and at the very last second someone high up said "make sure John Cusack is in this set" and then they had the dumbest intern Google a photo and no one checked.
Was this at some Cubs game/event??

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Looks a lil' Bill Murray too... He's a Cubs guy as well right?

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
if you want a good panini john cusack photo, he's in one of the years of panini americana in at least a base card (not sure if relics/autos were made).

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I didn't know I needed this until now.
Terrible photo, wrong sig, 10/10
No, that's actually Cusack's signature:

2016-Leaf-iCard-John-Cusack-Autograph.jpg

And this picture doesn't look so much like Cusack either.
It looks like he's either gained a bunch of weight or he had some bad plastic surgery.

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wasn't he in those old DLP Fans of the Game sets? I somehow stumbled upon that card in the OP somewhere too and was equally disturbed when I saw it

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It looks to me like they used a picture of him standing in the crowd in anticipation during the World Series, and that's specifically what they wanted, so thats what they used.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
What is the material on the card?

I wondered that too. Back says "Fan Used Material" so I guess it was a replica jersey he wore?

Just fantastic that you get the same photo on back. And yes, his signature is terrible and almost all the stickers used have parts of the signature missing (went off edges).

If you google "Cusack World Series" you get so many better photos. This is literally the worst photo they could have used.

s-l1600.png

Members online