Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting eBay Post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
As a mere collector, I never did see much sense to PSA, a person can give it a good look and see for themselves the condition, though I always bought at shops and shows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I don't feel bad for that guy at all. He got greedy, he gambled, and in the end, he lost. Sucks for him, but he sure as **** wouldn't be *****ing about crooked PSA had he kept his 10 and gotten paid for it.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
What an interesting read. So many thoughts.

1) Should have just left it in orginal PSA slab. Every seasoned collector knows BGS 10 is very hard to get, and that grading is highy subjective and inconsistent.

2) Why doesn't BGS and PSA ever pay attention to the presentation of the card in the slab? Why would they think anyone would want a card that is sealed crooked inside the slab? Come on. Wake up. Presentation of the card is important to most collectors.

3) I have never heard of a card being damaged by grading/slabbing error. How did this happen?

4) After card was damaged, why would PSA think anyone would want it in a PSA 5 slab?

5) Why is seller still asking $100 for it now?

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
PSA is a professional gambling company disguised as a grading company.

It's a gambling company only to the customer who grades their cards with the sole purpose of turning it around for a profit, such as yourself. The e-bay member said it himself, he got greedy because he wanted a grade that would make it more valuable. He took the gamble and lost.

But let's be honest, a large portion of us who rip wax, do group breaks and/or prospect are in it for the thrill of turning a profit or hitting something big. The same goes for those who grade their cards. This is no new phenomenon & it's not disguised.

It's not about feeling bad. It's about how the process can go wrong.

There are so many factors involved that could have two separate graders give the same card a different grade. Some times it's something as simple as one grader having a bad day. It's an imperfect process and people need to keep this mind before they decide to spend money on a grade.

It's for people who are hyper sensitive to condition and willing to pay for it.

And to preserve the card and keep it protected (in a nifty looking case for display).