Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your best card acquisition this year ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I was Acually going to post in this Thread earlier but one of my best acquisitions dint come in till today and I bought it right at the tail end of the year.
For me There are really more than one. I will limit it as to not clog up the thread. The First Best Acquisition was This

Gehrig Patch (Thank you again Anthony) Which I pick ups last January to start the Year Right.

LouGehrigDualPatchBat4of4.jpg

I was after a Seaver Booklet with Mets Jumbo Patch and Finally after a couple years

TomSeaverJumboPatch1of1.jpg

Next is courtsey
of Topnotchy (Thank you) Looked for one of Aarons best certified autos made

HankAaronAutoJerseyBat10of44.jpg

These rarely come up and when it did I went after it hard. Im glad i did.

TedWilliamsButton1of1_0001.jpg

I am slowly going after the set and once this poped up I knew it was my only chance

DerekJeterJumboPatch1of5.jpg

Now this is have been looking for a while now and thanks to one Kind Fcber for the Link I went after it.

Im not fond of the 1 color patch but ill take it till I find a replacement and numbered to his jersey to boot.

BabeRuthPatchBat3of5.jpg

BabeRuthBack3of10.jpg

I have a couple of Barrels but no knob finally my first of 3 Yaz knobs :)

YazBatKnob1of1.jpg

I picked up over a handfull of Bat barrels this year and this one top the list of best acquistions

ErnieBanksBatBarrel1of1_0002.jpg

and last but not least a card i have been after for years and 2 pop up at the end of the year. I bid on both and my other snipe dint go off :confused: but i did end up with one :)

JoshGibsonBat4of10_0001.jpg

Great stuff everyone and look forward to seeing what everyone picks up this new 2013. Thanks for looking and wish i could show off more as many made my list of bet acquisitions but trying to really limit it and that was tough.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Great stuff everyone and look forward to seeing what everyone picks up this new 2013. Thanks for looking and wish i could show off more as many made my list of bet acquisitions but trying to really limit it and that was tough.

Every one of those could be the centerpiece of a great collection and are a reminder of when everything comes together on a card (design, player, auto, memorabilia etc.). Love it!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=1927]mlbsalltimegreats[/MENTION] - ummmmm WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! That post made me almost fall out of my seat at the office lol... just amazing stuff and all things that would be top of my PC

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Mlbsalltimegreats must be ballin out of control lol

Love the Hank Aaron, love that set. I rarely see Gibson memorabilia cards.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Mlbsalltimegreats must be ballin out of control lol

Love the Hank Aaron, love that set. I rarely see Gibson memorabilia cards.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

You think?!?! Maybe the give away was when he said "I picked up over a handfull of Bat barrels this year" haha

Super awesome cards and would love to have a shot at a card like that one day... sh!t I would love to have an Albert Belle bat barrel card or something lol

sawmillthug

Dec 21, 2012
Chillicothe, MO
My best purchase this year would probably be my Yoenis cespedes topps finest jumbo relic atomic auto out of 5. As far as old stuff I would say George Brett 1975 topps mini psa9

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Great pickups all, really nice stuff.

My best acquistion this year - the one that left me amazed I actually found it - was not really a card but a 2003 Absolute Memorabilia boxtopper Glass Plaque. When these came out, I got the Grace auto/patch version #17/25, his jersey number. There were 4 variations total. In 2004 and 2006, I found the jersey version #17/150 and the jersey/bat version #17/100. All I needed for the complete set numbered to his jersey number was the auto version #17/50. Well, it took six more years, but it finally surfaced this past summer. Find all four, numbered to his jersey #, is one of my proudest PC accomplishments.

2003PLAYOFFPLAQUES.jpg

Members online

Latest posts