Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Back in the game...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
After consigning my collection away a few months ago, I've been scanning eBay here and there and trying to decide whether to get back into the game in some capacity. I picked up a couple of cards that I was able to get really good deals on, but nothing other than that.

Today I decided to take the plunge and jump back in. He's one of the 20 best players in baseball, has just a single RC Auto, and can be found for around $50 apiece. While his rib injury set him back, and the RC Auto is a sticker auto (from a set that's kinda obscure) but I still think a Troy Tulowitzki RC Auto $50 or less is a really good deal. Was able to pick up a dozen of them, and am excited to be back in. My hope is that if I keep it small (maybe a few dozen cards instead of hundreds/thousands) I'll be able to find time to enjoy the hobby this way.

Anyways, sorry for boring you guys but glad to be back in, if on a much smaller scale than before.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Welcome back! collect whatever fits your desire, which may change from time to time. I have had peaks and valleys in collecting over the years, which I believe is fairly normal.
DANNY

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Welcome back! collect whatever fits your desire, which may change from time to time. I have had peaks and valleys in collecting over the years, which I believe is fairly normal.
DANNY

Definitely. What I had found was that my life had gotten too busy to really be able to deal with the volume of cards I was dealing with and the funds were definitely useful. Still though, I enjoy the hobby, and hopefully will have found a better balance this time around.

Welcome Back Brother!

the parallels of that card are not easy to track down.

Definitely. It's a tough card to find in quantity for the most part. I know that some don't like the sticker (it's not the best looking card of all-time) but for a player of his caliber and his only RC Auto, I like it. Now if he could only stay healthy...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Wow, you sold your collection, then returned to the hobby in just a few months. That's got to be some sort of record.
But in a good way. Glad you're back.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have that card in a blue parallel /50 bgs 9.5 always thought it was way undervalued. He is very injury prone which I dont like at all.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Welcome back - you chose a great card to collect!

TuloRCs.jpg

Tuloplatejpg.jpg

Haven't seen the other 3 plates surface yet and neither has the gold 1/1. The plate I own is Cyan. 4 of the 5 silvers are out there somewhere - I don't own any of those. I've pretty much bought my allotment of this card but I pick up 1-2 every now and again depending on price. The base is less than 500 as far as I can tell - I have a spreadsheet that tracks the #s on the back sticker and the #s look to be between 450-500 total.

I also own the #001 /399 red, #001 /299 orange, #001 /199 yellow, #01 /99 green, plus 3 of the blues /50. (Yes I'm obsessed)

The 2005 Bowman Sterling Refractor in next to the plate is #001/199. :cool:

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

TuloRCs.jpg

Tuloplatejpg.jpg

Haven't seen the other 3 plates surface yet and neither has the gold 1/1. The plate I own is Cyan. 4 of the 5 silvers are out there somewhere - I don't own any of those. I've pretty much bought my allotment of this card but I pick up 1-2 every now and again depending on price. The base is less than 500 as far as I can tell - I have a spreadsheet that tracks the #s on the back sticker and the #s look to be between 450-500 total.

I also own the #001 /399 red, #001 /299 orange, #001 /199 yellow, #01 /99 green, plus 3 of the blues /50. (Yes I'm obsessed)

One, TopNotch welcome back.

Two, CoRock, the fact you are able to even locate as many jersey# or 1/*** is quite amazing.

Ryan

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

TuloRCs.jpg

Tuloplatejpg.jpg

I think [MENTION=2002]Topnotchsy[/MENTION] just dropped out of the game again...:lol:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
One, TopNotch welcome back.

Two, CoRock, the fact you are able to even locate as many jersey# or 1/*** is quite amazing.

Ryan

I've always felt like this is by far Tulowitzki's best RC since it's his only autographed RC and went all in when this set was released. Like I said I don't really buy them anymore - I have plenty. The only ones I really keep my eye out for are the Gold 1/1 and the 3 plates. The Blue #01 /50 would be a cool addition as well.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Tulowitzky will always be thought of by Blue Jays fans as "the guy we should have drafted." But the Jays' Powers That Be decided Ricky Romero was a better pick than Tulo.
:what:

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

Members online

Latest posts