Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Topps Archives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Don't see a post about this, but man did they get it right.

Cards are stamp-numbered and embossed with an Archives logo.

Holder has a tamper proof sticker, super good job topps!

Had you done this years ago we wouldnt have to look at a million fake Pujols autos!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I like the buyback autos and everything you pointed out. I do not like the fact that some of the buybacks where from products a year or two ago. I collect Paul O'neill who retired in 2001. I'm not to excited to see his 2013 Allen & Ginter buyback auto when they already have autos of him the same year on that product. Even some of his playing year cards were done the same way with the '04 Topps Originals. I am not trying to be a downer here but if I chase some of these low numbered autos and then I find out they are doing the same next year this can get old quick.

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
If I was lucky enough to have any of my players in the set that don't already have a ton of autos out there, I'd be all over it. I'm sad but not surprised to see the older players like Koufax have their autos on either recent cards or, if you're really lucky on vintage league leader-type cards, though. At least, what I've seen so far. I mean, sure, why spend $50 to buy a decent 1961 Koufax when $5 gets you practically the same card?

Wait, I take that back. Not only is this a real vintage card, but a Bowman one as well. Asking price is insane ($3000), but it's actually not in garbage condition, although I wonder what that white smear is to the left of the body. And I wonder the wisdom of using a pre-57 size card since apparently they were forced to use a top-loader to hold the card instead of a lucite. Does the sticker ever touch the card? Jeez, probably one of the best cards in the whole product and they just can't figure things out.
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I like the stuff so far. Picked up a couple. I really like the stadium club rookie auto and the 92 topps all-star rookie cup as well.

Really want a checklist to figure out exactly what I'm chasing. Are there 3 1/1s or 20?

Dan

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I've seen a few John Olerud's on ebay so far. They look nice, but the pricing is typical "new release hype" pricing. Someone will probably shell out for them though.

I too would like to see a full checklist, for no other reason than to update my Olerud master checklist with the print runs and which cards there are.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I was digging all the Grace's since they were early career Topps base cards and looked good. But then this #1 /1 showed up - and it's a stinker. First time I've ever seen a Kmart Topps Card priced at $200 :eek:

$_58.JPG

Like #olerud363 says, the new release pricing is too high, and they'll come down shortly, so I'm not jumping on anything yet.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I was digging all the Grace's since they were early career Topps base cards and looked good. But then this #1 /1 showed up - and it's a stinker. First time I've ever seen a Kmart Topps Card priced at $200 :eek:

$_58.JPG

Like #olerud363 says, the new release pricing is too high, and they'll come down shortly, so I'm not jumping on anything yet.

The old K Mart DreamTeam, brings back a lot of memories

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012

$_58.JPG

I *might* be alone in saying this, but I LOVE that they added in the kmart cards. I may like these better than the regular buybacks.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
[MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] - its through a facebook group, you have to be logged into facebook I believe

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
@mouschi - its through a facebook group, you have to be logged into facebook I believe

I def. need it - I'm logged into facebook but it still doesn't let me. Do you have a link to where I can join or something? Thanks a ton for the heads up!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
These all look like TTM's. But, i guess that is the point. It is certified and encased auto at a pretty low price point.

I ordered some from AIC. Hopefully they will be here soon.

Members online