Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chuck's Box Breaking Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
2001 Rittenhouse Hercules The Complete Journeys Premier Edition ($43)

40 packs/9 cards a pack

What's in a box?
120 card base set
Mythical Beasts Cards (9 cards) - 1:4 packs
Heavenly Bodies (9 cards) - 1:18 packs
Hercules HoloFEX Cards (6 cards) - 1:40 packs
Autograph Cards (18cards) - 1:14 packs
Box Topper - 1:box

Content - A

What did I pull?

Base sets - 1 with a bunch of extras (2 cards missing to complete a second base set) 50%

Inserts - 50%

Mythical Beasts Cards (10:box) - pulled all 9 and a double of Baby Harpies
Heavenly Bodies (5:box) - pulled HB5, HB6, HB7, HB8, and HB9
Hercules HoloFEX Cards (1:box) - pulled H5
Autograph Cards (2.86:box) - pulled Tawny Kitaen, Alexandra Tydings, and Tery Gallagher
Box Topper (1:box) - pulled XT2

Pulled everything I should have for another 50% for 100% total for an A.

Aesthetics - A
Base set - B
The base set is nice. It also does a pretty good job of representing each season of the show (at least from what I remember…it’s been a while since I’ve seen it). There are some problems with the images chosen being to dark, but nearly all of the cards have clear images (in focus). I always loved Hercules and Xena because of their campiness. Here are scans of some of the base:

base11.jpg

base08.jpg

base10.jpg

base09.jpg

base03.jpg

base02.jpg

base01.jpg

base05.jpg

Inserts - A
Three really decent insert sets. The Mythical Beasts set features some of the baddies Hercules fights through the series. The Heaven Bodies set is dedicated to the many fine honeys that make an appearance on the show, and the Hercules HoloFEX set is a refractor foil type insert set featuring different images of Hercules. All three inserts set look great although I’d prefer them all to be vertically arranged. The box topper features Xena preview cards. Here are a few scans of the inserts:

mb08.jpg

[
mb04.jpg

mb03.jpg

mb02.jpg

hb05.jpg

hb04.jpg

hb02.jpg

hb01.jpg

foil.jpg

bl.jpg

Autographs - A

I like the design of the autos. Nice vertically arranged cards with sharp signutures, and it doesn’t hurt that I pulled Tawny Kitaen and Alexandra Tydings.

tawnykitaenauto.jpg

alexandratydingsauto.jpg

kerygallagherauto.jpg

Value - A

Base set - $5
Inserts - $10 for the Heavenly Bodies and $10 for the Mythical Beasts for $20
Autographs - $35

Total - $50 >$43 for an A

Fun Factor - A
Really had a blast with this box. Loads of inserts and 3 autos a box with a decent base set make it a solid break. Would recommend a box at the price just for the fun factor.

Overall - A
Content - A (5)
Aesthetics - A (5)
Value - A (5)
Fun Factor - A (5)

Total - 20/4 = 5 for an A

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
I opened 2 cases of Vampire Diaries and 3 cases of True Blood this week...did really well on both...pulled these from the True Blood cases

deborahannwoll.jpg
annapaquin2.jpgannapaquin3.jpgannapaquin4.jpgannapaquin.jpg

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
2012 Cryptozoic Smallville Seasons 7 through 10 (good box)

I busted 3 cases of this when it came out and didn't pull one M20, but got one here.

CZESmallville-728x1024.jpg

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Nice break Wayne. Would love to bust some dead but not at 150 a box. 8(

Yeah...I picked mine up from CZE...they had a couple of presells just before the release...still expensive, but only $85 a box.

Case breaks have been great on this product from what I've seen though...you may not get $1500 worth of cards from a case, but you'll do better on it than pretty much any sports break (it appears breaks are coming out 12 autos...and I think every case break I've seen has had a Lincoln in it, and anywhere between 24 to 32 costume cards).

Members online

Latest posts