Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Freedom Cardboard Announces New Management Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have been posting on the general chat side and have posted next to nothing on any other of the boards here on FCB. The boards, including the general boards have become tired, boring and very much non-interesting at this point. I don't check in here nearly as often as I once did because, well, the threads are the same old tired threads for one and I just don't need to see F-bombs allowed in posts anymore. I would assume, as intelligent people, we can all express our point of view without subjecting everyone to gutter language. But I guess if we discuss the same old stuff there is nothing else to spice up the boards except the opportunity to swear like fifth graders on the playground.

**** Yeah!

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Dont worry [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] we are looking into turning the swear filter back on. From what i've noticed we dont have many people that feel they need to swear all the time. Not to mention no intelligent or worthwhile post will ever contain curse words regardless of what anyone says.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Dont worry @mchenrycards we are looking into turning the swear filter back on. From what i've noticed we dont have many people that feel they need to swear all the time. Not to mention no intelligent or worthwhile post will ever contain curse words regardless of what anyone says.

Not that I curse a lot and full disclosure I really do not care one iota if anyone types any of the 7 AWFUL words or not........BUT

I'll just say this. Traffic here dropped two significant times-------at the software shift and the a_pharis "scolding" of the board and the mods "crackdown" of how we all should be acting and "speaking" to each other. Many many posters took their posting and time away from here, myself included. Some came back and the ones that did came back very slowly.

It's your site now, do what you want.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Not that I curse a lot and full disclosure I really do not care one iota if anyone types any of the 7 AWFUL words or not........BUT

I'll just say this. Traffic here dropped two significant times-------at the software shift and the a_pharis "scolding" of the board and the mods "crackdown" of how we all should be acting and "speaking" to each other. Many many posters took their posting and time away from here, myself included. Some came back and the ones that did came back very slowly.

I completely understand and nothing significant will be changing. And in all honesty i dont remember any mod crackdown. I do remember when we were harsher on the regular trolls that were starting to get out of hand. Like i mentioned above though, it's something we're looking into, we havent made a decision one way or another but i don't think the foul language is that bad here. Id like to think we are all mature enough to not make it a habit.

awoj21

Jun 16, 2012
Good luck to you guys, I haven't been on here for a very long time so I hope the changes bring me back!

A_Pharis

Label it how you will, that announcement was not a "crackdown" so much as an announced reinforcement of the rules that were already set in place.
Yes, I was the person that delivered that message.
Yes, those same rules are still applicable and monitored.

Last edited:

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Label it how you will, that announcement was not a "crackdown" so much as an announced reinforcement of the rules that were already set in place.
Yes, I was the person that delivered that message.
Yes, those same rules are still applicable and monitored.

My point isn't so much the rules (don't care either way) but how it was delivered.....smug and condescending.

Again, do what you guys will. Just pointing out what happened last time

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
My point isn't so much the rules (don't care either way) but how it was delivered.....smug and condescending.

Again, do what you guys will. Just pointing out what happened last time
I agree 100% There was a noticeable decline in posts after that happened and many people did not come back.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
It's unfortunate you feel that way, because it was done to remedy the issues that we had when it came to attempting to clean up interactions.

Either way, this thread is about forward progress.
Adam, I understand what happened. I am just seconding what others have said, you have to be very careful how you make changes around here. There has been two different major changes and they both drastically effected the population of the board. No matter how you spin it those changes almost killed the boards (some would say they did). If there is another one that could be the final nail.

A_Pharis

Adam, I understand what happened. I am just seconding what others have said, you have to be very careful how you make changes around here. There has been two different major changes and they both drastically effected the population of the board. No matter how you spin it those changes almost killed the boards (some would say they did). If there is another one that could be the final nail.

These three guys care very much about the forum, and there is a lot of social network and technical knowledge between them. I have 100% faith in them.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

The announcement was not popular but coincided with quite a few other things that happened around the same time. I've spoken with many members and most don't point to that as a reason. I'd rather we look forward since our desire is to find value and make it part of the experience. The members are FCB and the goal is to bring quality content and get things moving.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
This is my favorite place, wish you guys all the best. Thanks Chris for all you did to make it one cool place.

Members online