Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Real or Fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I would think so , I'm def not 100% , but an /50 with the logo seems odd . I love the back "contains a piece of Dallas Mavericks Jersey... Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns" . Pet peeve when they don't match team/jersey

Ryan

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
Fake. Plus the card is pretty damaged up.

Honestly, if its not a tag or logoman series card specfically by subset, I tend to stay away from any logo cards from jersey and patch sets. Youll always question the authenticity of the patch.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I would think so , I'm def not 100% , but an /50 with the logo seems odd . I love the back "contains a piece of Dallas Mavericks Jersey... Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns" . Pet peeve when they don't match team/jersey

WINNER!

Hey pal, this post is a Winner in our "Random Post" contest this week. You've won a free $1 FCB Buck, congrats! It'll be added to your Total on Sunday...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
WINNER!

Hey pal, this post is a Winner in our "Random Post" contest this week. You've won a free $1 FCB Buck, congrats! It'll be added to your Total on Sunday...

I'd like to thank my agent, management company, and all my fans for this award :)

Ryan

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Fake. Plus the card is pretty damaged up.

Honestly, if its not a tag or logoman series card specfically by subset, I tend to stay away from any logo cards from jersey and patch sets. Youll always question the authenticity of the patch.

So you're going to buy it? Lol jk

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
So you're going to buy it? Lol jk

Not a chance. Garbage card from a garbage set of a player I don't collect.

Buy a logo man from a set you like and a player you collect.

The back states is a jersey card not even a patch or logo man card

$_57.JPG

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
When did Fleer start to make special note of the logo on or within cards? It wasn't uncommon for logos and tags to pop up in patch parallel cards in the early 00's. It took a few years before they started selectively incorporating the more "special" swatches so I wouldn't immediately rule it out but I'm not familiar with basketball at all. It started with no differentiation between plain swatch or not and then it was just prime or not prime and then finally labeled specifics

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
When did Fleer start to make special note of the logo on or within cards? It wasn't uncommon for logos and tags to pop up in patch parallel cards in the early 00's. It took a few years before they started selectively incorporating the more "special" swatches so I wouldn't immediately rule it out but I'm not familiar with basketball at all. It started with no differentiation between plain swatch or not and then it was just prime or not prime and then finally labeled specifics

Like I said I'm not 100% . It is labeled as a patch . If the manufactures went above and beyond (I know) , and logged patch cards there wouldn't be the issues at hand

Ryan

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
If you believe its real, then buy it up! By 2003 UD and Fleer would have been doing jersey cards for about 5 yrs. By 1999 UD was already labelling jersey cards as jersey and patch cards as patch cards. If they could, they definitely would avoid using patches in jersey cards. Especialy tags and logo mans.

But hey, if you think its legit...all power to you

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Didn't say I'd buy it! Just not familiar enough but DLP was using logos in patch cards into 2003 and in '04 I pulled a couple laundry tags from Fleer baseball not marked anything special.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
Basketball was and is much different than football and baseball when it comes to game used material. Ive collected basketball since the 80s and my specialty was mostly 90s and 00s.

Like stated above, if the authenticity of the patch comes into question at first sight, it surely will always come into question. For that reason alone, I wouldn't touch it.

Members online