Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does Gilmore's FCB store no longer sell sports cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I was just looking around Twitch and noticed FCB's streaming channel, so I watched a little bit of a Star Wars gaming tournament that Gilmore's store was hosting.
Then I noticed the shop looks a lot different now. And the formerly FCB Sportscards is now called FCB Comics and Games.

I know FCB started as a sports card shop, then branched into gaming to draw in more customers.
But now the word "sportscards" is not even the title of the store.
And neither his FCB store website nor Facebook page mention or picture cards anywhere.

Did Gilmore's shop just get out of the sports hobby all together, or does he still sell some in a little corner of his shop and just doesn't advertise it?

I'm just curious. Nothing negative intended. His business seems to be doing well, so that's awesome. I just never see him on the board anymore, so I wonder if he even still collects.

Last edited:

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
It wouldn't surprise me if that part of the store wasn't making 10% of his total money, so I could see him coming to that decision. MTG and competitive gaming is such a huge cash cow these days... I would play and compete but I still haven't achieved my chess goals which is my competitive outlet.

IMO baseball high end was way better in 08-09 when I started collecting due to UD being big still... If you look at someone like chri5784 box breaks for people on his chan. baseball was a more successful part back then. I'm honestly completely unaware how other sports such as basketball and football do.

this is all just speculation on my part, but I assume moving higher end product really needs to happen vs. the base Topps 101 stuff they sell at Targets.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Our captain has abandoned ship and joined the dark side of hobbits and ghosts

Attachments

• 1433110018687.jpg
    1433110018687.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The profit margin on gaming packs is much better than on sports packs. You routinely make 100% profit on a box of Magic The Gathering. Sometimes much more. On the average sports card product, you are making about a 20 percent profit, and far more products tank than allow you to make a larger profit by getting hot.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
The retail store is still a full service sports card store. It's sub leased out by Evan (getcardshere)

I'm not involved with the sports cards other than some customer service when Evan isn't in on Saturdays (Saturday is my day at the shop)

Currently I'm a full time project manager at a health care IT company and disconnected from the retail store and places like this forum. I troll facebook all the freaking time though because my family is on there. If any of you want to add me there that works.

https://www.facebook.com/cgilmo

Life gets crazy sometimes, and sometimes we have to go back to working for the man. I still love this site though, and check it as much as I can. I use the mobile app to read a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts