Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tulo traded to Toronto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Rumor is Tulo and Hawkins for Reyes, Hoffman, Castro, +1 more minor leaguer.

Rockies won handily on this if it's indeed the real trade.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
What an awful trade for the Jays. You can't win without decent starters. This makes the jays marginally better and at that price??? My god the Rockies killed this trade.

Hoffman and Castro and Reyes (who they will likely flip for more prospects), Have fun not making the playoffs AND morgating your farm in the same year Blue Jays!

WaxPax

Couldn't agree more....also, good luck with Tulo and his history of "Lower Body" injuries, staying healthy playing half his games on Astro turf for the next 5 years...

What an awful trade for the Jays. You can't win without decent starters. This makes the jays marginally better and at that price??? My god the Rockies killed this trade.

Hoffman and Castro and Reyes (who they will likely flip for more prospects), Have fun not making the playoffs AND morgating your farm in the same year Blue Jays!

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Tulo + Hawkins -> Reyes + Hoffman+Castro+Tinoco

New Jays infield- Donaldson, Tulo, Travis, Encarnacion

I'm not at all bothered about Reyes going. Castro and Hoffman- Doh! Reyes was OK but certainly didn't live up to the hype. As for trading Reyes for prospects. Lol. Maybe 2nd-3rd tier type prospects. You don't think the Jays tried to unload Reyes sooner? Not too many teams interested.

The Jays didn't want to give up any of the big 3 -Stroman, Sanchez & Norris.

As for playing on turf, it didn't seem to bother Reyes much. Fwiw- upgraded astroturf this year, actual turf on the way in a year or two.

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
As a Yankee fan I'm fine with the trade and think the Jays just got a little better. Tulo is great but they obviously needed starting pitching more than bats, although I understand not passing on the deal

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Apparently AA has been under pressure to do something to keep his job. I don't think it's that bad, he's pulled off some awesome trades...getting Donaldson for one. Hate to see Hoffman go, but i love Tulo and he's a hard @ss like Donaldson.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Tinoco was the true sleeper of their farm system. Rox were smart to ask for him.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Rumor is Tulo and Hawkins for Reyes, Hoffman, Castro, +1 more minor leaguer.

Rockies won handily on this if it's indeed the real trade.

I think it is a little early to say that, sir.

Mainly because of my unrequited love for Tulowitzki, I was a bit sick to hear of this trade last night. Getting Hoffman makes it more palatable, but I hardly trust the Rockies to mold and develop any young talented arm.

I guess with Tulo being dealt, you might as well go ahead and deal CarGo as well. Greeaaat...

How many "re-boots" does this make for this franchise in the last 15 years? This team changes philosophies every 18 months. It is stupid.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I too am not upset about Reyes going. Salary-wise and health-wise the deal is a wash. I think Toronto got an a bit of an offensive upgrade at SS, even though Tulo comes with an "injury-prone" label similiar to Reyes. Blue Jays fans often sarcasticly think of him as "Not as good as Ricky Romero... just you wait" because Toronto passed over Tulo in the '05 draft and picked Ricky.

I thought Hoffman was one of the pitching prospects A.A. wasn't going to move. He's highly regarded and losing him is the only part of the trade I'm leery of. At least the Jays didn't have to give up any of their premier guys (Stroman, Sanchez, etc).

Seeing LaTroy Hawkins' name made me say, "Huh? He's still around?" I'll always associate him with the Twins of 1990's. R.A. Dickey must be happy to no longer be the most senior man on the roster! Hopefully LaTroy can at least be a consistently reliable arm in the 'pen. He wouldn't still be around if he wasn't, right?

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
If they were, they wouldn't have gotten Reyes. Unless they plan to flip him quickly, which I somehow doubt.

I don't know how much longer he's under contract, but I'd guess they'd either flip him to another team/contender, or not re-sign him. Story looks ready for the call up at this point.

Seems to me that Colorado made a killing on this trade even though Tulo is an amazing player and Toronto should be happy to have him.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I think it is a little early to say that, sir.

Mainly because of my unrequited love for Tulowitzki, I was a bit sick to hear of this trade last night. Getting Hoffman makes it more palatable, but I hardly trust the Rockies to mold and develop any young talented arm.

I guess with Tulo being dealt, you might as well go ahead and deal CarGo as well. Greeaaat...

How many "re-boots" does this make for this franchise in the last 15 years? This team changes philosophies every 18 months. It is stupid.

Make sure the next game you attend at Coors you do the "clap clap clapclapclap clapclapclapclap Re-Yes?"

Members online

Latest posts