Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Custom Card Templates Free-For-All

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I might FINALLY be getting ahold of a die-cutter. I've been doing mine by hand with an Exacto knife and it is less than ideal.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Lets add 1987 Topps to our list!

1987-topps-jb.jpg

1987 Topps PSD complete with font.
***** You Must use the password: freedomcardboard to unzip the file.

Is anyone using these? If so, post up what you make.

Fordman

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Well, I have no idea why the scan got so messed up, but you get the gist. I love the All-Star design! Once/If they get signed, I'll update.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Okay, so for those of you that are Photoshop savvy, would any of you be able to make up some cards for me? I need a few guys that played for the Twins, but don't have a Twins card.
[MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION], do you print yours on card stock or photo paper?

I print them on photo paper and then glue them to card stock. It is a LOT more work but turns out much nicer, in my opinion. There isn't really a right or wrong way.

My layers are this: Photo ---> glue ----> 140lb stock paper ----> glue -----> Photo

This gives me a front and back. I adhere one photo and then put it in a wood press for about an hour to let the glue dry. Then I adhere the back and press it for another hour. Once it is set, I check for any flaws and trim as needed. I then put it back in the press for about a day to help prevent any loosening of the glue. I really, really want to get a die-cutter. It would cut down on my production time significantly, but I'm not sure the cost is worth it.

Jeremya1um

Apr 21, 2017
DeLand, FL
Hi, my name is Jeremy. I have been dabbling in custom cards for the past 5 years or so. I mainly use MS Paint and GIMP for my cards. I am trying to make a card for every player/coach who were left out of the 1989-2001 Topps sets. I have a blog going where I post cards, templates, and am working on checklists for those sets. So far, I have checklists of players needed for the 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, and 2001 Topps sets. I have made every card (front and back) for the 1992 Topps set, and am a few hundred cards away from finishing the '94 set. I have made seperate pages for each set on my blog which have the checklist of cards needed, as well as templates for every team, coach/manager templates, and highlight templates. I think this can be a help to custom card makers, especially ones who are making card that never were or cards that are missing from Topps sets. Here is the link to my blog http://toppscardsthatneverwere.blogspot.com, and here is the link to the 1992 Topps set that I finished http://completingthe1992toppsset.blogspot.com. Lastly, I am a member of the Facebook Custom Card group, and there are a bunch of cool customs there, and many members are happy to post templates if you ask. Here is the link to the group page https://www.facebook.com/groups/612854715531519/. Hope you find my blog a worthwhile spot and can use some of the templates I made as well as the FB group.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Been doing some Photoshop work the last few day. Took a break from real work and made this:

89 fleer judge.jpg

1989 Fleer "Signature Edition" Aaron Judge

Fordman

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Topps made some Deckle Edge cards for their archives release in 2012.

I can make a deckle edge card easy. When you say 'cutter file' what exactly do you mean?

Fordman

Members online

Latest posts