Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So Topps finally killed it for me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Cant wait to see what shows up for the finest mystery autos. Jon Kitna napkin auto anyone?

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Cant wait to see what shows up for the finest mystery autos. Jon Kitna napkin auto anyone?

I'd Pay up to $15 DLVD for a JaMarcus Russell Auto on a McDonalds Fries Box. $20 if it's Super Sized and has a ketchup stain on it.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
I would be appalled if I got that. I had a similar bad incident with them in 2011. I won a 1960 Topps Hank Aaron in the diamond giveaway promotion and ordered it for delivery. 5 months later, I received 2 1959 low number commons that looked like they were run over by a truck and a letter stating that the card I won wasnt available at this time, so here were 2 cards to make up for it.

The only way to affect any change is to make this public. Tweet it out with a #topps Post on their Facebook page. Do not relent and do not be a jerk about it - be professional but direct. Make everyone on social media aware of how they treat their customers and attack them where it hurts - their reputation.

If enough of us do this and go after them the right way (not the useless BBB, and not through sarcastic "thanks Topps!" posts), we can actually affect some change.

Greg

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
The only way to get change is to speak with your wallet. THey could care less about tweets or XXXXXing because they are still selling out on everything. And while most would be appauled by this, hardly no one is going to stop feeding them their money. If enough people simply stopped buying their product then the changes we all want to see happen, and the customer service we all want to expierence, will be a front burner issue for them. As of now, it's not even on the back burner, it's left outside on the picnic table collecting flies as they laugh all the way to the bank.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Topps needs to use some common sense and realize that if they put long odds on something, it needs to be an item that has relatively high value because collectors assume they are getting something special. A simple frame, cool sounding insert name, and low serial number likely does the trick here and their big spending customers are happy instead of ticked off.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Did you try sending an email to the president of topps. I bet that would get you noticed. Worked for me.

Kevin

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
That sucks!!! Don't refuse to spend money on Topps cards, just buy their singles you want on the secondary market.

Unfortunately that is what I was doing! I bought 10 different Barry Larkin auto redemptions from 2011 Triple Threads and 2011 Museum collection. About 6 months ago, I get a bunch of letters in the mail saying that they wouldn't be able to fill any of them and they were sending me replacements. The thing that infuriated me is that a)they were not on card autos with 1 exception, b)He had autos released in other Topps products that year, c) Panini seems to have no trouble getting his autograph, and d) They replaced them with crappy autos that totaled maybe 1/10th of the value of the cards I was supposed to get. I called and sent emails asking for an explanation on these points for weeks, and never even got a response once. It proved to me that they could care less, so I am done with them.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Unfortunately that is what I was doing! I bought 10 different Barry Larkin auto redemptions from 2011 Triple Threads and 2011 Museum collection. About 6 months ago, I get a bunch of letters in the mail saying that they wouldn't be able to fill any of them and they were sending me replacements. The thing that infuriated me is that a)they were not on card autos with 1 exception, b)He had autos released in other Topps products that year, c) Panini seems to have no trouble getting his autograph, and d) They replaced them with crappy autos that totaled maybe 1/10th of the value of the cards I was supposed to get. I called and sent emails asking for an explanation on these points for weeks, and never even got a response once. It proved to me that they could care less, so I am done with them.

You have to put in calls and emails into the right people! Don't let them get away with this, it's why they keep screwing people!!! Seriously, Place a Call into the highest person you can talk to, send emails to all the board members, the President, anyone who will listen. Tell them WHY you had so many Larkin cards (player collector) And that it's ridiculous that other products and brands had Larkin autos on them. Demand Larkins or Demand a better replacement.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This is complete crap. What bothers me the most is that there is no identifying it as a buyback. For a player collector, now there is an item on a master checklist that can be "created" by anyone. Makes the item absolutely worthless. Plus, Topps marketing people know that putting an item with superlong odds on the wrapper will help drive sales and increase perceived value of product. That item should deliver some value. I can't believe they screwed this up on every possible level, including packaging. Worse bait and switch. Topps has lost my business since 2012. The company is in a downward spiral, and MLB is blind. Everyone in the hobby should be concerned, because it won't be good for anyone when it fails, even the competition.

Members online

Latest posts