Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I hear you. It was the only way to see 4 cards from mouschi and get everyone in the tournament who had submitted cards.

My advice, sit back and enjoy the cards that are still coming...there are some great ones in this half of the bracket!

In retrospect, it was probably the best way to do it with mouschi getting several cards in the competition, but they are both very nice cards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I love the book but i believe it's "oversized"? Which as a collector I hate. The mini is a mini. Which is slightly less annoying. So I'll say the wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Wood , the booklet is great but I would have like the autos all on same background in same ink color. The wood doesn't have any "flaws".

Ryan

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Both of those look very nice, so it's nitpick time. The '89 World Series card, represents only one of the two teams that played in the series, which stands out as a mis-match to me.

I vote for the wood card.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Both are cool, booklet looks to crowded to me, I like the wood better.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I'm voting for the wood mini. The multi auto card is nice but way way too much going on with that card. With this round, less is more.

Fordman

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Wow this is going to be a blowout for the game used mini wood auto! It is funny, because I thought it was going to be much, much closer. The booklet card is much more impressive in person, and has been the only one of my customs that I've displayed in my office since the time I built it. That isn't a knock on the mini, as I do love it :) I really, really hope the baseball card companies start making wood cards out of game used bats!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
The Booklet for me. My fave team of all time. By FAR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Wow this is going to be a blowout for the game used mini wood auto! It is funny, because I thought it was going to be much, much closer. The booklet card is much more impressive in person, and has been the only one of my customs that I've displayed in my office since the time I built it. That isn't a knock on the mini, as I do love it :) I really, really hope the baseball card companies start making wood cards out of game used bats!

With you being a photoshop guy, I think you can understand why the booklet looks crowded. It's a great piece, but when something is too busy, it detracts from the original intent, kinda like late 50's and early 60's couch cushion covers.

Fordman

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
With you being a photoshop guy, I think you can understand why the booklet looks crowded. It's a great piece, but when something is too busy, it detracts from the original intent, kinda like late 50's and early 60's couch cushion covers.

Fordman

I hear ya - that is one of the downsides of any team-signed piece ... crowding is a necessary evil. I really wished I could have gotten clean white background signatures from everyone. I think that would have looked much slicker (or GASP! ... on card!) but neither would have been possible. Fortunately, the 80's (and the 89 A's team in general) were LOUD so perhaps it matches best like this :)

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I don't think it's too crowded at all. Actually I think it works with the overall feel of the card. That booklet is great, I voted the wood because it's so great

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I tend not to vote as I don't want it to look like I have any favorites in these tournaments when I set them up.

But, in this case I would go with the wood b/c of two reasons. I LOVE the fact that it is made from a GU bat and I think the logos on the back are awesome.

That being said, I would have voted FOR the book against almost anything else. The iconic nature of that team, along with the fact that they were pretty loud and brash, make it work for me.

Great stuff all around and there are more to come!

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
The wood mini it is! I will not be able to get the next bracket up until tomorrow...let the suspense build!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Sorry for the day slip all. My Sunday got away from me...It was national tequila day after all!

Anyway, here we go with the second mouschi round. More great ones for sure.

Here is the latest bracket:

attachment.php

And, in this round we have a DiMaggio booklet:

attachment.php

And a Canseco "Behind the Plate"

attachment.php

My knee jerk reaction is the booklet, but man, that Canseco is soooooo nice. I am glad I don't pick the winners!

Voting is open until 11PM ET on 27-Jul.

Have fun and [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] come tell us about these cards!

Attachments

• Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 78
  • mouschi 3 Sized.jpg
    mouschi 3 Sized.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 81
  • mouschi Canseco Black Sized.jpg
    mouschi Canseco Black Sized.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 79

Members online