Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 huge hof pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Just happened to stumble across these. Wasn't really looking for them but couldn't pass them up. Wagner is on a national league ball and is psa/ dna

The cy young is on an American League ball and is jsa certified

Does have an inscription by cy young on the sweet spot

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
It does look like that in the photo for some reason- but in hand the inscription is sloppy and in the same pen as the cy young autograph

Inscription doesn't look like Cy's handwritting. The ball appears signed by an elderly Young with shaky penmanship, but the inscription is neat and tight.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Thanks so much. Looking at cy youngs numbers is almost laughable - he had 749 complete games among his other numbers that will never be broken. His total wins for example - a pitcher could win 25 games a season for 20 straight years and still be 11 wins shy of his record of 511 wins. Neither one is single signed but I'm ok with that bc for the most part they display like a single signed baseball- I really wanted to get them on the American or national league baseballs and not a little league or an unknown ball.
Holly!!!!

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
HUGE is an understatement! Congrats! I don't collect signed balls but when I had some extra cash I wanted to start a mini-project to get cheaper examples of single signed balls of Honus, Ty Cobb, Cy Young, and Walter Johnson. I got Honus and Cobb so far but would love to add the other two one day. Congrats again!

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Love to see the Cobb and Wagner you have

HUGE is an understatement! Congrats! I don't collect signed balls but when I had some extra cash I wanted to start a mini-project to get cheaper examples of single signed balls of Honus, Ty Cobb, Cy Young, and Walter Johnson. I got Honus and Cobb so far but would love to add the other two one day. Congrats again!

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Love to see the Cobb and Wagner you have

Will definitely upload them to photobucket and show you. The Wagner is on the sweet spot which is pretty cool, would compare similarly to your example but I believe your Young to be more bolded than my Honus. The Cobb is on the side, I believe that detracts from the value (I'm not sure as it's not my area of collecting) but I assumed that's why I got it at a bargain price. I actually bought the Honus unauthenticated but from an extremely reputable dealer and later got it JSA certified, Cobb was JSA certified when I bought it.

I personally find the Cy Young extra awesome because he has so little stuff out there, even Walter Johnson had 150+ signatures in the 2001 legendary cuts or something like that but Cy Young pieces are just so tough to come by. Great stuff

Members online