Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Yep, that particular seller has gotten a lot of my money lately. His promo collection was epic, at least in my mind. I've landed a bunch of real tough promos, including a 1991 Score Promo of Puckett, a 1990 Sportflics of Boggs (only the 4th player I've ever seen) and quite a few of those executive promos. I think it's crazy to see the price variance between them. A ton sell for opening bid and others have gone $300 plus.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yep, that particular seller has gotten a lot of my money lately. His promo collection was epic, at least in my mind. I've landed a bunch of real tough promos, including a 1991 Score Promo of Puckett, a 1990 Sportflics of Boggs (only the 4th player I've ever seen) and quite a few of those executive promos. I think it's crazy to see the price variance between them. A ton sell for opening bid and others have gone $300 plus.

I knew you'd be a player in some of those. Over the last month or so he had quite a few promos that I know you have worked on accumulating. I wish the Clark APs stayed reasonable (IMO) and wish he possibly had a 90' Score or SF Clark. He def put some stuff on the market that doesn't come up basically ever.

Ryan

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
wish he possibly had a 90' Score or SF Clark

Those would have been fireworks for sure. I mean, even if I wasn't in the mix, everyone else would have been and that could have gotten out of hand quick. Part of me wishes to see one listed just to see the final outcome, part of me doesn't. The 1990 Score promo is the prize of my entire collection and truly feel it's the type of card that even endless amounts of money can't buy.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

That is an incredible price on the Puckett Score Promo. Heck, I sold a Greenwell for $200. Oh, just looked through his completed and it's interested that he also had two Greenwells, a Dave Stewart, and Cecil Fielder. Those are the exact same three that I've owned. Now I'm wondering if every aqua-green card in 1991 Score had a promo or just a select few. That Lance Johnson went for more than just about anyone other than Puckett.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
That Lance Johnson went for more than just about anyone other than Puckett.

I personally went after that one, first time I've ever seen a Johnson, but I was outbid, I might have been the underbidder. I think some are easier to find than others though. I've tried to track every one that's been listed in the past few years and I honestly see quite a few repeats and other's that have never been listed. Greenwell has been on there a lot shockingly. Those are the type of promos that I love though, ones that you might have 1 opportunity to land or you'll have to wait years before you even have another opportunity to bid on one.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
So, I "bought" my 90's white whale a few days ago. I've been searching for it for 15+ years - it's older than that, but it was the first time I thought I could scrounge up enough to afford it. I was 20, arrogant, and very wrong. It was out of my price range, but I had a friend win it. I have until the end of this year to pay him. If not, I told him I'd resell it and reimburse him for whatever the difference is.

It isn't really an insert, but it is super sweet. It's really rad if you're into plaid. It's a great pickup for someone who enjoys one night stands and never bothers to remember names.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
So all these promo's and samples aren't necessarily from the 90's, but the majority of them are. I was fortunate to land the two '97 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch Executive Promo's of Puckett. Here's the majority of my hard to find promos and samples and if anyone has others that I don't have and are interested in parting ways with them, please let me know. Thanks Jeremy

Puckett Promos & Samples.JPG

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Can anyone tell me if this is a rare card I have seen the ones without the hole punched on the card.

Attachments

• Auction0092.jpg
    Auction0092.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 56

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
So all these promo's and samples aren't necessarily from the 90's, but the majority of them are. I was fortunate to land the two '97 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch Executive Promo's of Puckett. Here's the majority of my hard to find promos and samples and if anyone has others that I don't have and are interested in parting ways with them, please let me know. Thanks Jeremy

View attachment 56896

Impressive !

Ryan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Can anyone tell me if this is a rare card I have seen the ones without the hole punched on the card.

Thats the redeemed card. You sent it in, they punched it and sent it back. I dont believe it holds any more value than an unpunched one.

1994%20Leaf%20MVP%20Contenders%20N2%20Redeemed.jpg

1994%20Leaf%20MVP%20Contenders%20N2.jpg

1994%20Leaf%20MVP%20Contenders%20Gold%20N2.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009

View attachment 56896

That's awesome! I would love to know more about those ACE Promo's & Variations or maybe just a confirmed player list. Those are crazy hard to find, so seeing 4 of them there is crazy. Ever seen the Blue/White Test Issue with Puckett side blue?