Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CHRIS SALE TRADED TO THE RED SOX FOR YOAN MONCADA/MICHAEL KOPECH/LUIS BASABE/VICTOR DIAZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
How does moncadas contract work? Has the clock started? He's making more than the 3 Nats guys so I would have taken that deal. Robles could be a stud. Plus two arms.

The same as if he was drafted. All the money he received was a signing bonus. Team gets six years of control.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
ONE Championship within the next three years makes it all worth it. I'm excited.

Let's hope so, Dan! I love getting Sale in our rotation but I am just praying he can stay healthy for the length of the contract...a lot of innings on that arm and thin frame worries me a bit. And I also don't like having zero third base depth now, I don't have much confidence in Pablo. But our rotation is the best it's ever been so that should keep our bullpen fresh throughout the year and we will be a force to be reckoned with come October, we'll see how it all unfolds. I wouldn't mind seeing a Cubs/Sox World Series in 17' :)

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Let's hope so, Dan! I love getting Sale in our rotation but I am just praying he can stay healthy for the length of the contract...a lot of innings on that arm and thin frame worries me a bit. And I also don't like having zero third base depth now, I don't have much confidence in Pablo. But our rotation is the best it's ever been so that should keep our bullpen fresh throughout the year and we will be a force to be reckoned with come October, we'll see how it all unfolds. I wouldn't mind seeing a Cubs/Sox World Series in 17' :)

I'm hopeful too. Keeping Devers, Benintendi, et al just made it that much better for me. I'm happy with the structure of the team as a whole. There's a lot of youth on the field already and complementing it with veterans makes me really optimistic.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
A few years back, it was the Red Sox pitching prospects that were going to set the world on fire. Instead they all turned into dumpster fires. I'm OK with trading guys like Kopech because they have been incapable of developing young starters for years! Last one to make an impact was Clay Buchholz; Anthony Ranaudo doesn't even play in America anymore, and Henry Owens and Brian Johnson pitch like they're drunk. Moncada is probably going to be a superstar, or he could be the next Rusney Castillo. A trade like this is why you stockpile prospects...young, underpriced starters do not become available every day.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
A few years back, it was the Red Sox pitching prospects that were going to set the world on fire. Instead they all turned into dumpster fires. I'm OK with trading guys like Kopech because they have been incapable of developing young starters for years! Last one to make an impact was Clay Buchholz; Anthony Ranaudo doesn't even play in America anymore, and Henry Owens and Brian Johnson pitch like they're drunk. Moncada is probably going to be a superstar, or he could be the next Rusney Castillo. A trade like this is why you stockpile prospects...young, underpriced starters do not become available every day.

Couldn't have said it better. Amen brother Bacon.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Crossing my fingers they're just like the Tigers

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I doubt it. Sox were/are too deep to begin with. The Killer B's aren't going anywhere, and Travis, Benintendi, and Devers alone make up a strong prospect nucleus. I'm not thrilled with the Espinoza for Pommeranz deal, but it suited its purpose and did help them get to the post-season-- ala Tigers style.

Time will tell...

Members online

Latest posts