Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
It is possible it is from the auction ryan posted, but in my oponion it isn't. Donruss purchased a Ted williams jacket and started using it in cards in 2004-2005. They didn't use it a whole lot because they also had a couple jerseys. After donruss was no longer able to produce baseball cards I'm pretty sure there should have been alot of that jacket material left. Since panini purchased the old donruss vault there should have been plenty of ted williams material left from 2004-2005. If you find jacket cards from 2004-2005 they look very similar to the card you just bought

I would agree with this. I think the patch Tim bought is most likely the same jacket they used for 2005 Absolute as he has both jersey and jacket pieces in that set as well as other sets. I'm still waiting for an answer, but my Satchel Paige logo patch I got awhile ago seems to be the same jersey Donruss used in the 2004+ years as well.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Knowing that the Gehrig is photomatched (thanks [MENTION=12284]16christensen16[/MENTION]) and knowing that patches like these in other sets go for 2x-4x this, (and believing that the fact they were listed so many in such a short time knocked the price down) I double dipped... I'd love to try and figure out from where exactly these pieces came from...

$_12.JPG

$_57.JPG

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Congrats , very nice to have 2.

I know Christensen matched the jersey style , but I have yet to find any sale of a 1939 Jersey pre 2011. Anyone know of the sale?

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Congrats on getting 2! They look awesome :) I'm pretty sure that in 2003 donruss made a private purchase from the lou gehrig estate. If you read early donruss cards from 2002-2004 I think they even say this on the backs of the cards. Beckett also ran a article. Think they purchased this 1939 jersey along with 2 bats and 2 pairs of pants. I don't think you will find a auction

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Epic mail day from the last dount auction...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 17

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Puckett stuff is crazy expensive for a couple reasons. When he died in 2006 he didn't have his baseball card contract set very well so upper deck and topps couldn't produce any cards of him. So he went with nothing for a lot of years. Then there are a few crazy puckett collectors like myself and a few others on this board that drive his prices up ha. I'm hoping to add a couple new diamond king puckett patch cards but haven't yet

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Found a sweet buy it now last night again. Snagged up a 2014 national treasures lefty Gomez 1/1 tag for 350. Seems a fair price

I saw it was at $399 OBO right? I was considering making an offer but I'm moreso looking just for a really nice wool two color patch in an upcoming product or the 1/1 from 2014 NT. But that's a great pickup man!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Puckett stuff is crazy expensive for a couple reasons. When he died in 2006 he didn't have his baseball card contract set very well so upper deck and topps couldn't produce any cards of him. So he went with nothing for a lot of years. Then there are a few crazy puckett collectors like myself and a few others on this board that drive his prices up ha. I'm hoping to add a couple new diamond king puckett patch cards but haven't yet

I found a really nice prime cuts patch auto of puckett at a local show a few years ago. I think I paid 45 for it. I think its worth a little more than that...

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I found a really nice prime cuts patch auto of puckett at a local show a few years ago. I think I paid 45 for it. I think its worth a little more than that...

:eek: $45?!?! I've been looking for a nice Puckett patch auto for some time now that's reasonably priced. I would think it's worth 8-10 times that at least depending on how nice the patch is ;)

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
:eek: $45?!?! I've been looking for a nice Puckett patch auto for some time now that's reasonably priced. I would think it's worth 8-10 times that at least depending on how nice the patch is ;)

There is no such thing as a reasonably priced puckett patch auto. The puckett market is destroyed...thanks to a few people on this board, myself included ;)

I almost snagged the gome for 399, figured I would roll the dice at 350. Think it is worth 400 though

Members online