Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ANDREW MCCUTCHEN TRADED TO THE GIANTS FOR KYLE CRICK/BRYAN REYNOLDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
If the Pirates are cleaning house, I'd love to see Taillon on the Astros lol

And yes, I know they aren't trading guys with a lot of time on their contracts.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Wondering about the Giants' plan. Are they idiots for betting on Longoria and McCutchen, two guys on the downswing but big names? Or are they brilliant finding down assets and making good calculated bets that those guys are due for a bounce-back? AT&T ain't exactly a hitters haven.

Did like the Moran pick up for the Pirates in the Cole trade. Saw something good on fangraphs about his new upper-cut swing producing results.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Wondering about the Giants' plan. Are they idiots for betting on Longoria and McCutchen, two guys on the downswing but big names? Or are they brilliant finding down assets and making good calculated bets that those guys are due for a bounce-back? AT&T ain't exactly a hitters haven.

Did like the Moran pick up for the Pirates in the Cole trade. Saw something good on fangraphs about his new upper-cut swing producing results.
I get the feeling that they felt a fire sale couldn't bring enough back to adequately rebuild. So many players had down years, they weren't getting a ton back. Go all out and hope they 180 I guess. If it goes bad, they might have to move everyone at the deadline.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I get the feeling that they felt a fire sale couldn't bring enough back to adequately rebuild. So many players had down years, they weren't getting a ton back. Go all out and hope they 180 I guess. If it goes bad, they might have to move everyone at the deadline.

The argument in defense of the Giants that makes sense to me is, Posey and Bum are the main draws for fans but their windows are closing to win. The Giants system has not been producing much in the way of young talent to help fill the roster and looking at the current system, it doesn't inspire that much help would be on the way anytime soon. I like the way The Giants have filled their projected lineup for 2018, with McCutchen and Longoria bringing much needed production in two large gaps previously.