Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Just got this INSANE Griffey card in the mail today which I consider my Holy Grail card for my PC! Let me know what you guys think? Thanks!:D

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
That is one of the greatest cards my eyes have seen. Well done, sir.
Thanks! It's an incredible card and still can't believe I was able to get one! I think its the only set of Griffey with an auto and Nameplate logo bat barrel piece so that makes it SUPER RARE! Thanks again!:D

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
A Member Broke Up A Set Awhile Back............ Sent Me The Griffey :)

rn-china-topps-1994-tomorrow-hof.jpg

Feb2014003_zps2edb8902.jpg

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Sweet card! I can't see it though selling for the minimum starting bid of $2000. That's what I paid for my Griffey Bat Barrel Auto /5 card which I think is worth quite a bit more than the immaculate logo patch card. Wish the seller luck!

I'm not too sure about that one. If this is the patch from his fielding glove, I'd rather have that. You gotta figure, Griffey probably has hundreds of game used bats out there. How many gloves could he possibly have used? I'd think 1 new glove per season would be a high estimate.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I'm not too sure about that one. If this is the patch from his fielding glove, I'd rather have that. You gotta figure, Griffey probably has hundreds of game used bats out there. How many gloves could he possibly have used? I'd think 1 new glove per season would be a high estimate.

I know some players bring two or more gloves with them to games in case something breaks during play and they need a fast substitute. Also wouldn't be surprised if Griffey used gloves to sell and/or give to friends.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Could be. Not saying i wouldn't want that card just not sure if I would pay $2000 for it but we all look at values differently. I think its in the same value level as my Griffey Nameplate bat barrel auto /5 card. In the end they are both great and super rare cards to have in a collection!

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Goob is just a creep with too much time on his hands. He sent me a love letter letting me know how much he wants the lot and to let him finance it with "favors". Definitely a creep lol

Joke's on you. The favors are worthless!

...but it was a dick move making my love letters public knowledge. Those came from a private place and were only meant for your eyes.

Last edited:

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I know some players bring two or more gloves with them to games in case something breaks during play and they need a fast substitute. Also wouldn't be surprised if Griffey used gloves to sell and/or give to friends.

They definitely have extras. But fielders, especially ones that take defense seriously, take a while to break a glove in, get used to the feel of it, then use the hell out of it. Whereas multiple bats can be used throughout a game (and definitely a season). I don't doubt that near the end of his career, EVERYTHING game used was being provided/purchased/sold at a staggering rate, but I'd be willing to bet there are significantly less GU gloves than there are bats/jerseys.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Goob is just a creep with too much time on his hands. He sent me a love letter letting me know how much he wants the lot and to let him finance it with "favors". Definitely a creep lol
WOW Selling Out??? Somedays I wish I could...............

Members online