Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Topps Silver Slate Sparkle Wrapper Redemption /10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Anyone know anything about these cards, such as how they were released? Never seen the Jonny Gomes (though have the unnumbered blue), and not sure how the whole wrapper redemption thing works.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
As far as I know they were random inserts in the blue sparkle redemption packs. Seems like a lot of the checklist hasn't ever hit the market. Probably sitting in a big pile somewhere at Topps HQ.

There were a bunch of people getting multiples of these packs when they first started shipping then after a few weeks they seemed to completely dry up.

Last edited:

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
How did the blue sparkle packs work?
[MENTION=2995]mudflap02[/MENTION], afraid I missed that one. Did you happen to see who got it?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Wasn't me. His stuff is going for a little higher than normal because of the Red Sox uni and the WS. Those ugly Boston Strong parallels are getting $40ish. They look like aftermarket knockoffs.

Wish I knew who got that one. Be patient. I will hold off on the next one listed.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Here is a picture of one in case anyone was curious (sorry it is so large)

6789039_orig.jpg

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Wasn't me. His stuff is going for a little higher than normal because of the Red Sox uni and the WS. Those ugly Boston Strong parallels are getting $40ish. They look like aftermarket knockoffs.

Wish I knew who got that one. Be patient. I will hold off on the next one listed.

True that on the Boston Strong parallels. I should have picked one up before the WS, they've practically doubled in price since.

Thanks for your offer for the next one. Are you still actively going for his rookies? I've been picking some up here and there for pretty much the opening bid. Just got the 2002 Bowman Chrome gold /50 and Bowman's Best gold that have been listed for ages through best offer.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Yeah I'm still picking up his rookies. I was about to work something out with highfive for those but I never got around to sending him an offer.

If you have any 2002 BC parallels or BB autos you don't want to hang onto, I may have some Jonny Gomes cards. Did you get one of the Japanese Sega Card Gens yet?

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Yeah I'm still picking up his rookies. I was about to work something out with highfive for those but I never got around to sending him an offer.

If you have any 2002 BC parallels or BB autos you don't want to hang onto, I may have some Jonny Gomes cards. Did you get one of the Japanese Sega Card Gens yet?

I'm pretty sure I have three of the Sega Gens. Do you need one? Happy to send one on if so.

What would you be interested in trading? I'm pretty sure I have some BB/BC extras which I'd be fine letting go of (click on the image in my signature). I'm trying to get two of each card, but after that, it's fair game.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Found the Gomes on Worthpoint.

1_2ebf7049c72ea8327dc7083881c9919e.jpg

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I was able to get a ton of the packs from my LCS, and pulled one Silver (Nate McLouth). The promo on these was supposed to be that you traded in 80's junk Topps to the HTA shops, and you got one of these packs for each junk card (I think they had 5 base and one Blue Sparkle).

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I'm kinda surprised the popularity of these never really took off. I've been trying to piece together a Rockies team set and the majority of them just aren't out there.

The 2014 Topps Acetate cards /10 are pretty hot out of the gate and are the "equivalent" parallel for this years set.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I'm kinda surprised the popularity of these never really took off. I've been trying to piece together a Rockies team set and the majority of them just aren't out there.

The 2014 Topps Acetate cards /10 are pretty hot out of the gate and are the "equivalent" parallel for this years set.

Haven't seen one of the acetates yet for Burnett but I'll be a buyer.

Members online