Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Recently found this, and just thought it was a goofy button
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1416573195.960725.jpg
Then I looked on eBay and saw that two had sold, and for $25 each

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I picked this up for 50 cents today. Does anyone know if this looks legit?
View attachment 42374View attachment 42375View attachment 42376

Yes, absolutely!! Great find!!

I met Yaz as a kid and had him sign this exact book. I foolishly cut the signature out of the book. I would be very interested in this if you want to move it.

Belated big shout out to Mike/@elmalo for making this available to me. I now have a complete vintage (1968) signed Yaz autobiography, to go along with my book with a missing page ;) (which is still in my childhood autograph album).

Last edited:

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Belated big shout out to Mike/@elmalo for making this available to me. I now have a complete vintage (1968) signed Yaz autobiography, to go along with my book with a missing page ;) (which is still in my childhood autograph album).
Was a pleasure. Glad I could help.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Hey Rum, when you shop, how much do you leave behind? Or do you grab anything you think will turn even the slightest profit?

I leave a lot behind, I look to at least triple my $$$ on most items . I haven't been buying smaller stuff accept items for the flea market. If I spend $5-$10 on something I look to flip in the. $30-$50 range. Spending $5 to sell for $10 isn't worth the time & effort. I also don't like spending $50-$60 if an item sells for $100. Even though it's still $30-$40 profit is rather not put that much $$$ out. Been learning more about vintage clothing and finding some nice stuff

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
[MENTION=6366]ASTROBURN[/MENTION]
Paid $6.98 raiders sell $75-$100
Paid $9.98 marines sell $30-$50
Paid $4.98 vikings sell $40-$75
Paid $10 triple fat goose listed $155
Paid $5.99 each kings authentic warm up sell starter. $40-$75 reebok around $40

I passed on the skates & the A's starter for now. Might get the A 's if I can get it 1/2 off they wanted $25 for it

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, i guess my jackets are priced in the similar range. They seem to sit around a while. Do you see the same, or are you moving them rather quickly. I know you sell a lot thru instagram, but i havent sold anything there. Just getting a lot of people liking my pictures.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Yeah, i guess my jackets are priced in the similar range. They seem to sit around a while. Do you see the same, or are you moving them rather quickly. I know you sell a lot thru instagram, but i havent sold anything there. Just getting a lot of people liking my pictures.

Honestly I don't sell much as far as jackets or jerseys there. My main sellers there are toys. I do sell some rare hats to the big hat collectors on there for good $$$. Occasionally I'll sell a jacket or jersey but not much. I have some that I've had for couple years, some sell same week I get them. I just figure the more inventory I have better chance to make sales .

Members online

Latest posts