Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unopened boxes....who has this problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Who here buy boxes but do not open them for a some reason when you know you should and get the fun out of it? I have box of 92 Topps baseball rack pack box, 92-93 Pro Set hockey, and 2011 Topps Lineage sitting there unopened. Why do I not have the heart to rip them?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Because you know the box is worth more than the sum of the parts? When the 1991 Topps "glows" were discovered, I wanted to rip a box. As it happened, within a couple weeks I found one at a card show for $10. I ripped about half the box, got out my black light flashlight, and sure enough about half of them glowed. But somehow I've never gotten around to opening the other half. It's just sitting under my coffee table. It's sad to say, with no "hits," and all the players are long retired, it's just kind of unexciting. I guess I can keep hunting for glowing stars or something.

Jul 22, 2016
A chair would probably be more comfortable. Haha
That was funny. Good one. Dealing with the question, I agree that its no fun ripping something like 90 Topps because these guys are done and there is no chance anyone who is nobody becomes somebody. The only reason to open a year like that would be nostalgic. It was a little after my time so that particular set brings no joy. But I think if its a set that you bought when you were a kid it would bring more excitement. I still love opening 83-86 cards remembering the good days where my whole life literally was baseball cards.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts