Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RI CARD SHOW TODAY 2/2 8:30-4:00PM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Incredibly late posting of the show, but it is not well publicized despite being RI's only annual show. February 2nd, 2013, 8:30AM-4:00PM

West Valley Inn
4 Blossom St.
West Warwick, RI 02893

This is a vintage heavy (but does have it's share of new stuff) show, at least in the past. There are 120 or so tables. Mr. Mint will be there, for whatever that is worth. I don't know what exactly this guy buys because I never see anyone there selling him stuff, but anyway!

I will be going in about 20 minutes and there probably for sevearel hours. I am not a dealer, so I'll just be walking around, but will have on a dark gray hooded sweatshirt and jeans. Hope to see some of you!

Bill

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Bill be on the look out for Jake Pintar Purple Ice for me
I'll go 20-25 on that card
5-7 on the Red Ice dont need the silver's ice at all
Refrators
5-7 on golds
4-5 on oranges
2-3 on Blues

Don't need any of the papers parallels either
Regards Richard

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Well, this was a good show. It was vintage heavy, but there was some good chrome available too! Below is my haul (thanks Kevin!!).

I spent $360 for everything. How'd I do?

Refractors
IMAG0740_zpsb15fb6b0.jpg

Blue Refractors
IMAG0741_zps742c5b39.jpg

IMAG0742_zps40cdfd0a.jpg

Base Autos
IMAG0743_zps268de333.jpg

IMAG0744_zpsbc981191.jpg

IMAG0745_zpsabc6728f.jpg

IMAG0746_zps7a9fab62.jpg

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
ha - sorry. No Pintar stuff that I saw at all. There was nothing Canseco spectacular that jumped out at me either!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Incredibly late posting of the show, but it is not well publicized despite being RI's only annual show. February 2nd, 2013, 8:30AM-4:00PM

West Valley Inn
4 Blossom St.
West Warwick, RI 02893

This is a vintage heavy (but does have it's share of new stuff) show, at least in the past. There are 120 or so tables. Mr. Mint will be there, for whatever that is worth. I don't know what exactly this guy buys because I never see anyone there selling him stuff, but anyway!

I will be going in about 20 minutes and there probably for sevearel hours. I am not a dealer, so I'll just be walking around, but will have on a dark gray hooded sweatshirt and jeans. Hope to see some of you!

Bill

It's worth about 5 cents on the dollar

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

West Valley Inn
4 Blossom St.
West Warwick, RI 02893

Bill

It's worth about 5 cents on the dollar

Would that be a Mint 5 cent piece?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Was Mr. Mint that disgusting guy walking around smelling like an open sewer line, with XXXX stains on his fat old guy velcro sneakers?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Was Mr. Mint that disgusting guy walking around smelling like an open sewer line, with XXXX stains on his fat old guy velcro sneakers?

was said guy jumbo sized and wearing sweatpants and possibly a flannel shirt?? if so this dude is always at the Mansfield show and we saw him at Wilmington too. Dude stinks.. my brother and I laughed when I said how he could spend hundreds of dollars on cards and nothing on a cheap bar of soap.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Nice looking stuff Bill!! :D

Great show for me. Being one of the minority who had new stuff, I had a busy table from open until almost 1pm. Slowed down after that for me.

Saw Bill, Jeremy (Delicious Bacon) and John.

My first time doing this show and will make this a yearly one. Also picked up some nice stuff (Kaepernick auto, 2013 Topps inserts, relics, etc).

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I forgot to mention the packs that I bought too! Went for some childhood memories. It's funny, the smell of the packs even reminds me of those days!

I got 1981, 1982, 1983 Topps and 1984, 1985 Donruss.

Posted the break in the box break forum.

Last edited:

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Nice Baez, Vogelbach, Colvin, Candelario and Devoss cards Bill.

Looks like you got a lot to fill your needs

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
That's the guy! I didn't see him buy a single thing while I was there, just walked around making people gag. I overheard a few dealers say that he scared customers away (although these tables were usually selling overpriced junk, but I'm sure this guy wasn't helping). Worst thing I've smelled in my entire life.

was said guy jumbo sized and wearing sweatpants and possibly a flannel shirt?? if so this dude is always at the Mansfield show and we saw him at Wilmington too. Dude stinks.. my brother and I laughed when I said how he could spend hundreds of dollars on cards and nothing on a cheap bar of soap.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
My Jan 1992 Beckett says that David RC is a $13.50 card! Nice pull (20 years ago)! Some of those Refs look familiar, too....

You ended up doing way better than I did. Best pickups for me were a 1964 Ron Santo, an 2006 SPx Josh Willingham auto, a 1975 Mini Jim Rice RC (from Kevin), and a Troy Glaus Sweet Sigs Gold /99 that I'd been striking out on for a while. Nothing remotely as good as the Matt Wieter Icons RC I picked up at Mansfield for a dime a few weeks back!

I forgot to mention the packs that I bought too! Went for some childhood memories. It's funny, the smell of the packs even reminds me of those days!

I got 1981, 1982, 1983 Topps and 1984, 1985 Donruss.

I only opened the 85 Donruss. Got a very nice Eric Davis RC, which was once a very expensive card and stirred up some memories!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
That's the guy! I didn't see him buy a single thing while I was there, just walked around making people gag. I overheard a few dealers say that he scared customers away (although these tables were usually selling overpriced junk, but I'm sure this guy wasn't helping). Worst thing I've smelled in my entire life.

We were looking around at White Plains figuring he was going to be there too.. but to our pleasant surprize he wasn't! Seems like every show we hit we smell him coming...

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
You cleaned up. That's great that there was so much chrome at the show, most people don't have much at the smaller shows around here.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Well, this was a good show. It was vintage heavy, but there was some good chrome available too! Below is my haul (thanks Kevin!!).

I spent $360 for everything. How'd I do?

Blue Refractors
IMAG0741_zps742c5b39.jpg

A Chris Lambert sighting! Sweet! Nice pickups all around but especially the Lambert :)

Members online

Latest posts