Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Stops and eBay Buyer From...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emarc27

Oct 6, 2010
NYC-->St. Louis
This may be a stupid question, but what stops an eBay buyer who receives a card (or any package for that matter) from claiming the item was damaged/missing, leaving negative feedback, and claiming a refund?

Logan2500

May 21, 2012
PA
What stops you? Exact reasons from most collectors is they have respect and dignity for collecting and don't want a bad rep. It's the Honor System.

Logan2500

May 21, 2012
PA
Sorry if I was rude there, just meant that most people are able to be trusted, but a few people are not. The question was kind of just a thing to look at your question and make it answer itself.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Nothing except Morals. :(

Heck, lots of folks have claimed their Package was empty altogether.

Some buyers/sellers actually record themselves packing/shipping or opening the packages...

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
You can only make 2 claims a yr from what i heard. Also just get sig confirmation and insurance...once they sign you're off the hook.

Easy peasy.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
He prospect of prosecution for mail fraud.

Itd be easy enough to prove, unless you destroy, alter or damage beyond recognition the card.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
He prospect of prosecution for mail fraud.

Itd be easy enough to prove, unless you destroy, alter or damage beyond recognition the card.

Right. This is what I would think. You piss the wrong person off, and lie, you might be setting yourself up for a nightmare. I never lie about receiving or not receiving items or how they come because I was raised better. But apparently some people weren't. To me, this is supposed to be a hobby. It's supposed to be fun. I don't have time for games and scams. I want my card and if you deliver it safely, I'm totally satisfied. But every time somebody decides to play games like that, they take a great risk. Which is kinda dumb considering what it's involving.

Members online

Latest posts