Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Word in Houston - Biggio!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
There is a long list of possible replacements for manager. But the exciting thing is that Craig Biggio is on it. Wow. It's sad seeing Bo go but
if Biggio is in it, they can shove a stick of dynamite up Bo's butt and I'll light the fuse.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I like Biggio enough. We'll see. I didn't hear great things from opponents when he was coaching St. Thomas. Though that could be plain jealousy.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Porter being out is about the relationship with the GM. Did Porter get the most out of that squad
Pretty close.

Bringing in Biggio makes it impossible to fire the manager...so the GM will be next to go if this is the direction they head.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
sports illustrated recently did a cover story on the 2017 world series champions: the houston astros! their new creed is sabermetrics.

they've gone all in on the data analysis, etc. maybe bo porter didn't agree with that methodology. I'm picturing a billy beane/art howe dynamic in Moneyball...

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It would be a mistake making Biggio the manager.

Why put him in such a lose-lose scenario?

They'll end his managerial career before it even really starts.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Rumor has it Bobby Valentine is getting a look.

That would make much more sense to me. Have Valentine manage the team for a while, try to get them better, then give it to Biggio when the team is in a better position to contend.

Don't just throw Biggio to the wolves. Because this team is crap and it's going to take some time to turn them around. And no rookie manager should be given that task.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It would be a mistake making Biggio the manager.

Why put him in such a lose-lose scenario?

They'll end his managerial career before it even really starts.

Yeah, they shouldn't do with Biggio what Philly has done to Sandberg. ;)

Members online

Latest posts