Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

shipping and ebay sellers rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
As most of you know, or at least some of you, I live in Southeast Alaska. Part of the United States AND Connected to the wonderful continent of North America.
A few cards have popped up lately I've been looking for with ridiculously high bins so I toss an offer over. I don't low ball, I typically offer at what the last one sold for or an average, possibly more depending on the card. 3 of the last 4 sellers have countered with higher shipping cost OR changed the listing to exclude alaska..
I live 600 miles north of seattle.. it doesn't cost any difference to ship from or to here than it does anywhere else in the world for a Damn envelope. I find it ludicrous that company's or individuals want to charge more for shipping to here. I get free shipping from amazon and autozone, you can't tell me it costs less for them to ship me 50 lbs of car parts than for you to ship me a 2oz envelope
...rant over

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I was just thinking about this the other day. An auction I won said that he only ships to the lower 48 which is ridiculous. Add Puerto Rico to the list too. Same rates.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
As most of you know, or at least some of you, I live in Southeast Alaska. Part of the United States AND Connected to the wonderful continent of North America.
A few cards have popped up lately I've been looking for with ridiculously high bins so I toss an offer over. I don't low ball, I typically offer at what the last one sold for or an average, possibly more depending on the card. 3 of the last 4 sellers have countered with higher shipping cost OR changed the listing to exclude alaska..
I live 600 miles north of seattle.. it doesn't cost any difference to ship from or to here than it does anywhere else in the world for a Damn envelope. I find it ludicrous that company's or individuals want to charge more for shipping to here. I get free shipping from amazon and autozone, you can't tell me it costs less for them to ship me 50 lbs of car parts than for you to ship me a 2oz envelope
...rant over

Pm coming

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Jesus, I can't believe people do this. Anything with a USPS zip code uses the same rate... Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii.. and Guam and US ****** Islands.

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
Add to that, aren't card collectors generally a few IQ points on the plus side? Maybe they just don't know. I know that Alaska is with us because my Mother
actually typed the Constitution for the State back in the 50's. Still have a set of carbons on it. Remember carbon paper?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Some people are just stupid. Makes me mad just reading that rant Mike. I can't explain some freaking idiots on eBay.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Add to that, aren't card collectors generally a few IQ points on the plus side? Maybe they just don't know. I know that Alaska is with us because my Mother
actually typed the Constitution for the State back in the 50's. Still have a set of carbons on it. Remember carbon paper?

Really? That's pretty cool. And yes i know what carbon paper is.. haha

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Thumper, the Glaus collecter lives in Canada................ I was the Middle man for him at times, I'd buy and ship to him when sellers wouldnt

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts