Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
No problem.I guess you and I are the only ones who collect in winter anymore.

I'm trying to collect in winter, just can't find many cards I'm after as of late, even worse is finding them outrageously overpriced...

I'm trying to spend my spare winter nights getting my breaks from the past 5-6 years sorted finally. It's not as much fun to do when there isn't a baseball game on in the background...

Glad to see the Red Birds get their holiday shopping done already, really excited about 2014!

Hope all you Cardinals collectors out there have a Happy Holidays!

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
No problem.I guess you and I are the only ones who collect in winter anymore.

I'm collecting, just not at a super quick pace. Working on the T206 Cardinals set at the moment, should get two of those in today. Yesterday I got a huge package from @casebusters He bought a storage unit and I got all the Rolen and Ozzie's from him. About 2400 cards, haven't had a chance to go through. If anyone needs dupes let me know. I'll send them your way if you cover shipping.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I'm trying to collect in winter, just can't find many cards I'm after as of late, even worse is finding them outrageously overpriced...

I'm trying to spend my spare winter nights getting my breaks from the past 5-6 years sorted finally. It's not as much fun to do when there isn't a baseball game on in the background...

Glad to see the Red Birds get their holiday shopping done already, really excited about 2014!

Hope all you Cardinals collectors out there have a Happy Holidays!

Know what you mean.Been striking out on a lot of cards that are BO.Too many sellers out of touch with reality.Still nice cards on auction though.Lost out on another card by a dollar.

Noticed you are moving a lot of your nicer cards.Get tired of them after awhile?Yeah, sorting cards is a lot easier when there are games on.Can be very time consuming.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I'm collecting, just not at a super quick pace. Working on the T206 Cardinals set at the moment, should get two of those in today. Yesterday I got a huge package from @casebusters He bought a storage unit and I got all the Rolen and Ozzie's from him. About 2400 cards, haven't had a chance to go through. If anyone needs dupes let me know. I'll send them your way if you cover shipping.

I could use any doubles.I messaged him twice, never heard back from him.Odd since he replied to any other request.Didn't think I did anything to piss him off.What T206 you get in?

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I could use any doubles.I messaged him twice, never heard back from him.Odd since he replied to any other request.Didn't think I did anything to piss him off.What T206 you get in?

I'll let you guys know when I get it sorted. Don't think I'll have anything incredible as dupes.
Here are the t206's
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1388016476.944596.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1388016487.277193.jpg

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Know what you mean.Been striking out on a lot of cards that are BO.Too many sellers out of touch with reality.Still nice cards on auction though.Lost out on another card by a dollar.

Noticed you are moving a lot of your nicer cards.Get tired of them after awhile?Yeah, sorting cards is a lot easier when there are games on.Can be very time consuming.

Not tired of them, just usually have better ones than what I have listed and I'm always trying to replenish funds so I'm not buying everything out of pocket all the time. Some of them (mainly the high end All-Star ones) I decided I didn't really need logomans and laundry tag booklets of every player from every year they make the All-Star team, so I'm sticking with one of each player, and trying to have them be from the All-Star games I've attended (2009, 2011, 2012).

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Thought some of you would like to take note of this.Look forward to seeing what everyone walks away with.Keep in mind no Holliday, Smith, Gibson, Sutter, or Brock.And Molina is a no show again.And to think you could have gotten Wacha for $5 last year.Better get Taveras now while he's still cheap.

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/a...92281?story_article_yb_original_head_15392281

Any of you guys been to the Winter Warm-Up? I thought about going in 2008 but when I saw the amount of people in line just waiting to get int I thought getting autographs would be too much of a headache.

Will the players add inscriptions if asked?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Not tired of them, just usually have better ones than what I have listed and I'm always trying to replenish funds so I'm not buying everything out of pocket all the time. Some of them (mainly the high end All-Star ones) I decided I didn't really need logomans and laundry tag booklets of every player from every year they make the All-Star team, so I'm sticking with one of each player, and trying to have them be from the All-Star games I've attended (2009, 2011, 2012).

What better cards you have than the Garcia and Lynn
true rookie red refractors?You have the Superfractor?Meet any players at All Star Game.I was at Futures Game last year, saw Taveras and Wong.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Any of you guys been to the Winter Warm-Up? I thought about going in 2008 but when I saw the amount of people in line just waiting to get int I thought getting autographs would be too much of a headache.

Will the players add inscriptions if asked?

That's part of the reason I've never been is the hassle.Is your store open 6 days a week?Next time I go home I might try to stop by your store.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
What better cards you have than the Garcia and Lynn
true rookie red refractors?You have the Superfractor?Meet any players at All Star Game.I was at Futures Game last year, saw Taveras and Wong.

I guess I don't have better rookies than the Lynn & Garcia. I have a patch auto of Garcia that I like better, and have some Heritage Lynn autos, so I don't feel the need to keep either Red.

Never met anyone at the ASG.

My shop is open 7 days a week, I'm pretty much only there Monday - Thursday, but if you're coming through let me know I can swing in no problem.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Here are some better scans of the T206's.
barbeau_zps33b23fe3.jpg
bliss_zpsf98587ac.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Got this in a lot years ago.Never thought it would be a card I'm now inclined to keep.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 18

Members online

Latest posts