Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Any info on these I haven't seen many I know the SportzCubs has at least 4. But I have only seen 1 of the hard hats.

IMG_0228.jpgIMG_0227.jpgJeter0010.jpgJeter0009.jpgJeter0049.jpgJeter E-X.jpg

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
This may have been brought up before, but couldn't find it in search. Anyone know what the deal with this card is? Picked up on COMC last night. It's a 2000 Topps Pre Production Brady Anderson, but it's white bordered instead of gold. Was this just a print error or did they release them with white borders as well? I saw a Klesko also available for sale. Google search didn't return much info.
IMG_0962.PNGuo_1467772462-6233-4.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2009
Anyone have information on 1996 (or possibly 1995) Bowman Promos?

1996 have gold names, no sheet codes on back, but otherwise unmarked, alomar, Bagwell are among them but I recall there being at least 5 different. Not sure how they were issued.

This makes me wonder if there exists 1995 promos as well. Any info appreciated!

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
Anyone have information on 1996 (or possibly 1995) Bowman Promos?

1996 have gold names, no sheet codes on back, but otherwise unmarked, alomar, Bagwell are among them but I recall there being at least 5 different. Not sure how they were issued.

This makes me wonder if there exists 1995 promos as well. Any info appreciated!

To my knowledge there are no 1995 Bowman promos. As for the 1996 Bowman promos there are 4 that I know of ... Roberto Alomar, George Arias, Paul Wilson and Jeff bagwell. The player name (on front) is indeed gold. In addition the Alomar card shows him in a fielding position on the front.

Jan 14, 2009
To my knowledge there are no 1995 Bowman promos. As for the 1996 Bowman promos there are 4 that I know of ... Roberto Alomar, George Arias, Paul Wilson and Jeff bagwell. The player name (on front) is indeed gold. In addition the Alomar card shows him in a fielding position on the front.

Any idea if they are cataloged anywhere? Arias and Wilson ring a bell come to think of it. And since 1995 (and 1996) Topps products had several unmarked dealer samples issued, I won't count out there being 1995 Bowman promos, however, I've also never heard of anything either.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
Any idea if they are cataloged anywhere? Arias and Wilson ring a bell come to think of it. And since 1995 (and 1996) Topps products had several unmarked dealer samples issued, I won't count out there being 1995 Bowman promos, however, I've also never heard of anything either.

I have been looking for some time and have not seen any 1995 Bowman promo cards listed in any catalog or on-line. You mentioned that there were unmarked promos for 1995 and 1996. Do you have a list of players in the sets?

Jan 14, 2009
I have been looking for some time and have not seen any 1995 Bowman promo cards listed in any catalog or on-line. You mentioned that there were unmarked promos for 1995 and 1996. Do you have a list of players in the sets?

1995 Topps Products with samples mailed to dealers that I know of:

Stadium Club, D3 (marked), Topps Embossed (don't recall what if any difference). Stadium includes Van Slyke, Will Clark, Piazza, Molitor.

1996 Topps Products with sample issued:

Gallery (buhner and justice and R. Martinez), Laser (Stanley and Grace), Bowman, Stadium Club (Sosa...).

**94 Bowman's Best had a Mondesi card in the materials/order form**

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
1995 Topps Products with samples mailed to dealers that I know of:

Stadium Club, D3 (marked), Topps Embossed (don't recall what if any difference). Stadium includes Van Slyke, Will Clark, Piazza, Molitor.

1996 Topps Products with sample issued:

Gallery (buhner and justice and R. Martinez), Laser (Stanley and Grace), Bowman, Stadium Club (Sosa...).

**94 Bowman's Best had a Mondesi card in the materials/order form**

You say there was a 1994 Bowman's Best Mondesi "promo"? Was it marked as such and do you have a scan of it? Also, the 1995 Topps embossed "promo". Is it marked and do you have a scan of it?

Jan 14, 2009
You say there was a 1994 Bowman's Best Mondesi "promo"? Was it marked as such and do you have a scan of it? Also, the 1995 Topps embossed "promo". Is it marked and do you have a scan of it?

No, I don't. These were products that I recall the shop I worked at receiving cards along with order materials. Mondesi I specifically remember because everything Mondesi in 1994 was hot (being in southern california). I usually check any copies of this card I come across and so far have not noticed anything different. As for 1995 Embossed, I don't recall who the player was but there was a card with the order form. Stadium Club's form included a Will Clark card and I have owned a complete order form with the Andy Van Slyke promo (they came in penny sleeves!). I do not recall getting order materials for 1995 Bowman but I may have just not seen them. Often anything without "sample" or "promo" stated on it wound up in commons, $0.25 or $1 boxes at the store.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
No, I don't. These were products that I recall the shop I worked at receiving cards along with order materials. Mondesi I specifically remember because everything Mondesi in 1994 was hot (being in southern california). I usually check any copies of this card I come across and so far have not noticed anything different. As for 1995 Embossed, I don't recall who the player was but there was a card with the order form. Stadium Club's form included a Will Clark card and I have owned a complete order form with the Andy Van Slyke promo (they came in penny sleeves!). I do not recall getting order materials for 1995 Bowman but I may have just not seen them. Often anything without "sample" or "promo" stated on it wound up in commons, $0.25 or $1 boxes at the store.

I really appreciate your insight to the 1995 and 1996 Topps product. Thank you.

Jan 14, 2009
First heard about these in 2004, around the same time as the 1991 Donruss Bozo cards started popping up. Saw a pic of a mangled copy a few years back and nothing since, no clue how many exist but cool nonetheless.

90dpromo.jpg

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Anyone know much about this card? I was told it was a 1993 Team Pinnacle Prototype. The back is blank and I guess it was purchased at the National years ago.
1993 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle Prototype.jpg

Members online

Latest posts