Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Series (formerly ALDS/NLDS...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i hate this fake MLB initiative about caring to beat cancer. If MLB cared, Bettis and Taillon would be on the field being honored for beating cancer and returning to the big leagues in 2017!

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Major League Baseball is a founding donor of Stand Up To Cancer and to date has raised and donated over $43 million committed to cancer research.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Major League Baseball is a founding donor of Stand Up To Cancer and to date has raised and donated over $43 million committed to cancer research.

Yet they can't even honor on-field MLBers (and even minor leaguers) who have resumed their careers after beating cancer.

How much is Stand Up to Cancer paying MLB to promote them? After the NFL Military thing, it's all fake campaigns to me and not genuine because of being a good thing for sports leagues to do to support without promotional fees the military, cancer, etc.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
whew! Dodgers won't have the possibility to be crying on their United charter to Los Angeles after game 5!

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Yet they can't even honor on-field MLBers (and even minor leaguers) who have resumed their careers after beating cancer.

How much is Stand Up to Cancer paying MLB to promote them? After the NFL Military thing, it's all fake campaigns to me and not genuine because of being a good thing for sports leagues to do to support without promotional fees the military, cancer, etc.

I’m failing to see the correlation.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I’m failing to see the correlation.

If MLB really cares about the cancer cause and how it affects american families and their fans, why not go beyond just throwing money at the charity and take the annual world series Stand Up To Cancer moment to celebrate those MLBers (and minor leaguers in affiliated ball) who have beaten cancer and are back on the field this season and have the players hold up placards that aren't random names of people with cancer who the players probably don't know and make them names of current and former MLBers who are fighting cancer or who have passed from cancer since the last World Series.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Got home early from work just in time to see the 9th inning. Awesome game! I hope the series goes 7 games with some more extra inning games. Still think the Dodgers win it in 7 games.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
If MLB really cares about the cancer cause and how it affects american families and their fans, why not go beyond just throwing money at the charity and take the annual world series Stand Up To Cancer moment to celebrate those MLBers (and minor leaguers in affiliated ball) who have beaten cancer and are back on the field this season and have the players hold up placards that aren't random names of people with cancer who the players probably don't know and make them names of current and former MLBers who are fighting cancer or who have passed from cancer since the last World Series.

At first you used the military recruitment campaign at NFL games as a comparison to the MLB campaign to raise money for a charity. The correlation is not there. MLB players are celebrated daily before, during and after games. Many players that have faced the adversity of dealing with health issues use that to bring awareness to a specific cause that has affected them personally. I think this MLB campaign has done a solid job reminding people that cancer touches almost all of our lives, directly or indirectly. I'm still unable to see how raising 10's of millions of dollars is ..........."this fake MLB initiative about caring to beat cancer." What exactly, to you, does someone need to do to show they care about beating cancer?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
At first you used the military recruitment campaign at NFL games as a comparison to the MLB campaign to raise money for a charity. The correlation is not there. MLB players are celebrated daily before, during and after games. Many players that have faced the adversity of dealing with health issues use that to bring awareness to a specific cause that has affected them personally. I think this MLB campaign has done a solid job reminding people that cancer touches almost all of our lives, directly or indirectly. I'm still unable to see how raising 10's of millions of dollars is ..........."this fake MLB initiative about caring to beat cancer." What exactly, to you, does someone need to do to show they care about beating cancer?

Color me curious too.

Should they be throwing parades for Lester, Taillion, etc.? Dress them up in silk robes, put crowns on their heads and carry them around in chairs made of gold? In my mind the MLB has already done a fine job letting the fans know of their struggles & bravery. I honestly don't know what more the MLB could do to raise awareness.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Color me curious too.

Should they be throwing parades for Lester, Taillion, etc.? Dress them up in silk robes, put crowns on their heads and carry them around in chairs made of gold? In my mind the MLB has already done a fine job letting the fans know of their struggles & bravery. I honestly don't know what more the MLB could do to raise awareness.

I'd like a "parade used crown and robe dual material" Lester card, that'd be sweet. Toss in gold shavings from the chair and maybe a swatch of the velour from the cushion for a 1/1 parallel...now we're cooking!

Members online