Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not Joking - Topps Introduces a $27,000/Box Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I wonder why they have pictures of Ruth and Washington on the cut autos, but no picture of Christy Mathewson? I hate cards that have no picture, especially high end cards like that

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder why they have pictures of Ruth and Washington on the cut autos, but no picture of Christy Mathewson? I hate cards that have no picture, especially high end cards like that
They don't want to pay for Matty's rights. I can't believe they would cut that corner on a product of this price, but that is the fact of the matter. They have made a deal with Ruth's estate to use his likeness because they have used it over many products and will continue to do so. They probably don't have use for Matty's image beyond this set, so they don't want to pay for it.

I agree with you, a cut with a photo is 100x more desirable than one without. However, we are talking about Mathewson here, which is a $10,000 autograph in any form.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I agree, I'd like a Garcia, but I don't know what autos,of his sell for. From a baseball HOF auto collector's perspective, a Christy Mathewson is my white whale. There is one included here, but it is a weaker example, one that would sell for maybe 9k at auction. 1/3rd the price of the box!!! Single signed Mathewson balls have sold for less than these boxes.

It's mind-boggling
Yeah I'd love a Mathewson as well. How about if the box had a Mathewson and the Garcia? At $27K it should have both of them and a Mantle or Gehrig.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
They don't want to pay for Matty's rights. I can't believe they would cut that corner on a product of this price, but that is the fact of the matter. They have made a deal with Ruth's estate to use his likeness because they have used it over many products and will continue to do so. They probably don't have use for Matty's image beyond this set, so they don't want to pay for it.

I agree with you, a cut with a photo is 100x more desirable than one without. However, we are talking about Mathewson here, which is a $10,000 autograph in any form.

Ahhh, gotcha. Still crappy lol. Pony up for a picture

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I better get a ******** from Salma Hayek if I were to buy a box of this ****.

This goes to show how overpriced a Topps product is... because that's still probably not a good enough deal, shes 50 dude! :confused:

Ok ok, so for 27k we get the Matthewson auto, a bunch of redemptions and sketch cards, a briefcase that doesn't fit a computer which is what business people use these days, Salma Hayek, and a time machine to throw her in.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
This goes to show how overpriced a Topps product is... because that's still probably not a good enough deal, shes 50 dude! :confused:

Ok ok, so for 27k we get the Matthewson auto, a bunch of redemptions and sketch cards, a briefcase that doesn't fit a computer which is what business people use these days, Salma Hayek, and a time machine to throw her in.

Yeah, she's 50. AND still hot as **** to me.

Members online

Latest posts